Belated 6 Year Suburban Review
By Mike A. on
2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
Well, I leased this vehicle back in Dec.04. This one had all the options. If I had to do it again NO WAY would I have leased. If you are going to BUY a vehicle and hold for a long time you should BUY as you will save $$. This vehicle has been nearly perfect. 3k miles between oil changes with NO oil loss! AC, Tranny, Drive Train all PEFECT. I have done all maintenance before the mileage required. I have NOT particularly babied this vehicle. I LOVE the auto 4WD and this should be mandatory for a truck this size. In wet conditions this baby STICKS to the road! Snow is FUN! OK at 58,500 what is broke - NOTHING! Even power fold mirrors WORK. OK - 2 buttons on the DVD/NAV are worn-can't read info!
Favorite Features
Family and passenger safety, solid truck frame construction can handle everything you can load, V8 is smooth and quiet, 4WD, especially automatic 4wd makes a huge stability impact in bad weather and stops fish tailing.
Suggested Improvements
Brakes need more authority. Compared to most vehicles you really have to push on the 2005, but they stop hard when you need it and brakes last forever. NAV needs to be more intuitive and changeable on the fly.