A blast to drive
By render77 on
2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
OK I cheated... I rented one from Enterprise on a recent trip. But this car just blew me away. I started measuring the garage the day we got back to see if one would fit (answer: barely). The sheer power of the vehicle is impressive, especially given its massive size. It was surprisingly easy to control though, and responded very well, even in 60mph crosswinds. "Vague steering" the reviewer said? NO WAY! Responsivenes is almost snappy for a car this size. Interior is perfect blend of comfort and utility, perfect for a working car. Controls are EVERYWHERE; but if you relax and think "where should the so-and-so button be", then that tends to be right where they put it.
Favorite Features
Interior room Room ROOM! I've been in smaller hotels. Did I mention the power? And the handling. I just loved driving this thing! Never have I seen such legroom.
Suggested Improvements
Id like to see jump seats in the back. We fit 12 into ours, but thats with three teenagers in cargo. Other than that everyone had plenty of room. Not much can be done for the mileage, but was better than I expected. Had fun making tight turns in the parking garage, but a small price to pay overall.