Used 2005 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

New Purchase, Happy
By M.D'Arco

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2004 Armada, 14 months old. It had brake and wheel alignment issues, and air bag issues. I traded for the Suburban. The Chevy rides better, and quieter. More like a luxury car rather then a truck. Had the Suburban as a loner for a week. fell in love with the thing and bought one.

Favorite Features

Great ride. Comforable, and very quiet

Suggested Improvements

Rear sonar, since it is so big.

Good handling and comfort despite huge size
By jmfnmln

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We stepped up from a Ford Expedition when our family grew. It was a good move! It handles very well despite its size, has good power and handling, and the interior space is great. It is very comfortable -- more so than the Expedition, and I don't find it too much more difficult to maneuver.

Suggested Improvements

More easily controled heat/AC vents, plain interior/controls. Center console should flip straight up, rather than to the left.

Love My Truck
By Cathie

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice looking truck. Very comfortable. The kids love the DVD player (Playstation may be used) The ride is great, and I feel very safe! I had a Suburban before, and we got rearended. Te only thing that saved the backseat people was the size of the truck. Hit at 50 miles an hour sitting at a stop light . This truck saved us. I love this truck and will always own one.

Favorite Features

The sunroof and the DVD player. OnStar. 6 CD changer. All the extras are great !

Suggested Improvements

I think you should be able to adjust the rear view mirror in the same place you ajdust the other mirrors . I have to lean forward, fix the mirror ,sit back and look and so on.

#2 and Lovin' It!
By Laser

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is our second Suburban. We traded our 2001 for it. We have a family of 6 and it will make a great traveling companion. Many great improvments from the 2001 to the 2005. The brakes are much better than the 2001.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seating, GPS (awesome!), DVD TV (surround sounds in head phones), good handling. best in class room behind 3rd seat, turn signals on mirrors, plus many others

Suggested Improvements

Heated steering wheel and rear seats

First time suburban owner
By BTZN

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned our first Suburban for a few months (Z71 - RWD). Previously owned various minivans and outgrew the interior space. Needed something with power to pull a boat. First impression is that it is an excellent vehicle (but talk to me in 100,000 miles). Mileage leaves something to be desired, but you know that going in. My only complaint is the placement of the DVD system. When the screen is down it is right in the line of sight of the rearview mirror and is very distracting. DVD is also fed from the second row of the vehicle. In our minivans the DVD was controlled from the front. It is certainly not enough to warrant a red mark on an excellent vehicle, just an FYI.

Favorite Features

Bose Stereo, Drivers Information Center and memory settings, Comfortable seating.

Suggested Improvements

DVD control in the front of the vehicle would allow for the screen to be mounted higher which would hopefully take it out of mirror range. Split rear seat would allow more variations of the cargo area.