2005 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
EXCELLENT BUY!! I LOVE IT!
By Jpotter on 11/11/04 07:44 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely adore this car! My husband bought a 2005 for me this past August. The only complaint I have is that one of the seat belts jammed up on us and we had to take it back under warranty to have fixed. But over all, I love the feel, the drive, the comfort and everything about this car! Gas mileage is not all that great, but anyone that buys a big truck like that already knows and shouldn't be surprised.

stinco
By stinco on 11/07/04 14:14 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

excellent value--american built by an american owned car company--cargo space superior--handles very well.

Suburban review
By Howsand on 11/07/04 14:02 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

1/2 ton GM vehicles have headlight problems with poor bulbs. Free fix though, under warranty. More power and better gas mileage would be nice, however both are satisfactory. More white letter tires would be an improvement. Great overall vehicle. They should never downsize it.

Burbans are Real SUV's
By tom sexton on 11/06/04 12:04 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Our present 'burban is our second new one in three yrs.1st a 01 3/4T 496" to replace a 3/4T 88 chv 12pas van. It could haul anything you can hook to it, and ride better than most cars; if you need a truck in car clothes, the 3/4's are the one for you including when you want a fancy date nite rig for full size adults who value easy entry/exit and ALL SEAT comfort. Our newest is the 1/2T w/5.3 V8. We didn't need the 3/4 model now, and the 1/2T rides the same with all the space and room which we use often. The 5.3 V8 has all the steam most people will ever need and then some, with a surprising power curve, and yet will get 17.5-19 mpg hiway once its well broken in using syn mtr oil. A GREAT CAR

?
By Richie Beard on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i love the chevrolet suburban because it is a nice luxirous car and fun to drive and fun to have. i only to plan to buy suburbans for the rest of my life.

Love my Suburban
By Bunny H. on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

As a mother of three, I absolutely love this vehicle. I have owned a Dodge Caravan and Ford Explorer before I bought the Chevy. The kids love all the breathing room and so do I. It may be an expensive purchase, but I can see myself very content with it in the years to come. It may not be considered a luxury SUV, but I would beg to differ!

best of the big ones
By taxi mommy on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

after riding in a few i went with the suburban and love it, will buy another within 2 years! gas mileage is 19 on trips, what more could you ask for

Suburban2004
By skeyebum on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Fully loaded this vehicle handles exceptionaly well and acceleration was beyond any expectation I had. Climate control and auxilary system for second and third row are very effective. The latch system for car seats would be nice if it were on all or at least four seats instead of just two, one of which has to go down for access to the third row. XM worth the added cost, On Star over priced, the first year was included but I don't see continuing it. Overall we have been very satisfied and can't imagine another vehicle matching our needs this well.

Fred's Pick
By OP on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great all around SUV- Family loves it and for a 6'4" man it beats all

suburban lover
By trapper on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very responsive. Great fun to drive. We travel alot and it is very confortable. Has all thew options that make it a pleasure to spend hours in on the road. Very comfortable for big people ( over 6'4" and 20). Not our first suburban and won't be our last.