Used 2005 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Great Suburban
By LaDonna Whitt

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Suburban. It drives great and gets better gas mileage than was listed. And I love the 4 wheel drive because I can go pretty much where we please. It handles beautiful on highway and dirt roads. I even get wonderful milage in the mountains. I am glad I drive a Suburban. It has a lot of room and for long or short trips I can put so much in the roomy back. I have drove a Chevy a lot of years and I love them.

Great Car
By Cherry

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have truly enjoyed my Suburban. After months of looking and researching, I had my heart set on the Yukon XL Denali. But once I saw the Z71, I realized it had every one of the features that appealed to me about the Denali, at a considerably lower cost. The touch-screen stereo/navigation system and DVD player are a must for my family of 7. The cargo space feels like 4 times that of my previous vehicle, the Ford Expedition.

Touch-Screen XM Stereo w/DVD Navigation system. Absolutely unnecessary, but so much fun to have! It's the one feature that I willingly paid extra for. Actually, on a recent trip out of state, the Nav system came in quite handy. Of course we also have OnStar and the phone service as well.

You can never have too many cupholders!

Would love to love this SUV
By k.

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased out 2005 Suburban in Sept. and I loved it! But 2 weeks later a freeze plug in the engine compartment started to leak. We have had it to 2 different dealerships 4 times now and its still not fixed, its leaking and smells of antifreeze. It had 12,000 miles on it when we bought it and yes it is still under certified warranty,but this is still very annoying. I really liked this suv, but all this running to the dealership is making me wonder if I made a mistake trading in my Honda for a Chevrolet seeing that no one seems to be able to solve this problem and my Honda was so reliable.

The size,separate a/c, heater controls, ride smoothness, and nice handling.

Needs different seatbelt armrest design as seatbelt digs into armrest on front bucket seats. It should come standard with 6 cd changer, and backup warning system.The 3rd seat should fold into floor, they're to heavy to remove seats if you need more cargo space.An easier access to 3rd row seat.

LIke it
By Jay

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like this vehicle, I prefer a 4wd but the cost kept me out of it. I enjoy the space and the acceleration, however when hammering it the gas gauge moves quickly to empty. The vehicle is better in traffic than the reviews let on.

Blind Spots in the front right. Diffrent mirror controls.

Big Block could tow my house!
By shenandoah75

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I had nothing but problems with an 2003 LS C2500 with the 6.0 engine - mostly electrical. Sold it just prior to going out of warranty and went with this as it's replacement. GM can engineer a vehicle - they are awesome at at. But they still have quality problems no matter what they're marketing department puts out in commercials (esp in these vehicles out of Mexico). Air Bag connectors, EBMC (brake controleer), axle seals... We're tlaking basic components here. Quality asside, the 2500 is a niche vehicle meant not for soccer moms, but for families with serious towing/hauling needs. And that it does well, the 8.1 flies even with interior filled and pulling 6000 lbs behind it.

8.1L Big Block, 4x4, seating for 9, 10K- 12K lbs towing capacity, DIC info center

Fix the quality issues: these problems are crazy on a 40K+ vehicle. Get rid of the cheap plastic that stains easy Offer the diesel - now that ford dropped the Excursion, GM should corner this market again, why so long to figure out how to fit the Duramax / Allison in here?