2005 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
I love my Suburban
By TiggrHoo on 02/06/05 13:26 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like the room I have. I like the features that were available to me. It took me a little bit to get used to the size and know where my boundaries were, but I love it. We had plenty of room when the five of us moved from FL to DC...everyone enjoyed the ride!

Suburban Review
By S. Hottle on 01/05/05 20:34 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Suburban that I have owned. I have also owned Chevy Tahoes (which are great vehicles also.) I like the cargo room that the Suburban offers. I have kids and dogs, so the Suburban allows us to travel very comfortably on trips towing a travel trailer. My commute to work is only about 5 miles, so fuel economy is not high on my priority list.

Best of All
By canted3 on 01/05/05 17:40 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Z-71 sub is the best suv we have ever owned, could not think of owning any other brand. Service from the dealer is also outstanding.

The best truck in the world
By London on 01/01/05 10:41 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am disabled and have difficulty moving around. Our Suburban is the only vehicle that I can comfortably enter and exit without assistance. The cargo area is large enough to accommodate my wheelchair, in addition to weekly groceries for our family of 4. Recently after a day of shopping, we were called to the assistance of some friends that were stranded. Our family and our groceries were in the truck, yet we were able to pick up the couple from their vehicle, along with items from their car, and everyone was comfortable. Amazing!

Chevy 'Burb best large SUV on the road!
By Mark on 12/30/04 10:44 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had many Chevy Suburbans and they just keep getting better! Anyone who rides with me is impressed with the quality of the ride and all the features loaded into the cabin. Front and reat heat & A/C makes it easy to keep everyone comfortable. The turning radius is still best in class, with no other vehicle able to turn inside the tight distance it can (Ford can't do it with an Explorer, let alone the Excursion!) Off road, it goes places I've taken much smaller 4X4's and gets me back too, not that most owners will ever see backwoods with their Suburbans. Towing is fantastic, with ability to haul just about anything a person could ever need (or want to). Boats, trailers, & even skid steers!

Most reliable SUVon market
By Dylan on 12/16/04 22:19 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have 63,488 miles on my Suburban, and I only had it at the dealer 2 times, for tire rotation and oil changes. Never failed to start up in the -20 degree temperatures in the morning. Definently a best buy

Chevy Suburban 1500 4WD
By Karen on 12/12/04 09:31 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is the ultimate in performance and comfort. It's great for long road trips, being able to accommodate passengers comfortably and carry a huge amount of cargo. The optional 4WD allows you to go virtually anywhere. The dash board is set up for easy use and it includes creature comforts such as CD player and cassette player. Leather seats make for easy clean up in case of spills. The head room and leg room are generous, allowing even the tallest person to sit in the second row without being cramped. Rear A/C controls let everyone be comfortable. The ride is smooth and the truck is easy to drive on the open road.

1500 Z71
By hiteq on 12/07/04 16:48 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this Suburban w/ the Z71 option for my wife. I believe it has everything except for the Nav System. It is an exceptional truck. We have a little less than 2000 miles in 5 weeks. The ride quality is sound, the power good, and features excellent. This is a VERY nice vehicle. It's comfort levels are excellent, and the kids love it. My teenage son can sit in the 3rd road seat while his little sisted occupy the middle row. He can work on his PC, listen to his music, etc. w/o being bothered. The girls can be in the middle and watch a DVD on the entertainment system (wireless earphones.) Mom and/or Dad can be in the front and listen to CDs or the XM radio (wife loves this feature).

A blast to drive
By render77 on 11/29/04 23:58 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

OK I cheated... I rented one from Enterprise on a recent trip. But this car just blew me away. I started measuring the garage the day we got back to see if one would fit (answer: barely). The sheer power of the vehicle is impressive, especially given its massive size. It was surprisingly easy to control though, and responded very well, even in 60mph crosswinds. "Vague steering" the reviewer said? NO WAY! Responsivenes is almost snappy for a car this size. Interior is perfect blend of comfort and utility, perfect for a working car. Controls are EVERYWHERE; but if you relax and think "where should the so-and-so button be", then that tends to be right where they put it.

Great Veicle
By Ben Barlow on 11/11/04 20:58 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We love our suburban. Would not trade it for anything. We have had many different style SUV over the years all the way back to 1985 Ford Bronco.