Used 2005 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

I Thought I Would Never Buy American
By Ken Chief

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was on my way to pick up a Toyota Seq. and stopped at one last dealership. My wife fell in love with the Suburban and I have been stuck with driving our minivan ever since. We travel a lot with our 3 kids and always have a lot of gear. With kids, get the split bucket seats in the back for easy entry to the far rear seat. I have towed my 3,000 lb boat with a loaded truck on a 2500 mile trip and it was a breeze. It's been about 18k now and not a problem yet. We love the room, comfort, DVD system and the handling in the snow. I am very impressed. If it weren't for the employee pricing last year, I would have never stopped to check it out. I have owned Highlander, Camry, Odyssey, Audi

Comfortable seats, lumbar support, huge storage, Bose stereo, DVD, quiet ride, easy controls, trip computer

DVD Screen blocks rear view from mirror, gas mileage, no jacks in far rear for wired headphones

Chevy Suburban -- Z71
By Margo

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most comfortable vehicle we've owned during the past 35 years. I feel safe when traveling the interstates!

We like the comfort, reliability, and ability to see what's ahead!!!

In this day and age, we'd like more fuel economy; however, we bought this vehicle to perform certain tasks, and it does those well!

The best in its class
By Chris McGovern

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

An awesome vehicle so far. The features alone on this model of Suburban are enough to be excited about. Heated seats aside, OnStar protects and XM entertains, while this cargo and people spacious SUV takes us to wherever we want, in style and comfort. This is in another class as far as Large SUV's are concerned. I have driven many and I always come back to the standard bearer. No one combines this much, luxurious combination, of driving features not costing 60k. More power could be had, but that withstanding,the best in its class.

XM, OnStar, heated, memory,and adjustable seats.Cargo room Leather appts.

Put the 6.0 L in the LT's from here on.

Finally Got My Suburban
By rdvideo1

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After 25 years of wanting a Suburban, finally got one. This truck drives like a car. They have really improved the ride, noise dampening, and creature comforts. Live in an area that has a lot of hills. This truck negotiates them like they weren't even there. Some of my passengers have complained about the 2nd row seats not adjusting but not too much else. Traded in a high top conversion van which had more room but was terible in the winter for traction (2 rear wheel drive). The front bucket seats are a little tight when the arm rest is down. Find myself resting my arm on the center flip up console. Gas mileage is around 14.5 around town (with a lot of hills). Does better on the highway.

Steering wheel controls, OnStar, fog lights, information center, flip up rear door.

Passenger adjustable rear seats, wider bucket seats (like the conversion vans), fold down flat 2nd and 3rd row seats like the Chrysler minivans.

Great Truck
By rl1961

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. I owned a Toyota Sequoia before this, but there is no comparison. Chevrolet thought it all through and delivered a great SUV!

Driveability, ease of towing, drivers amenities. Just a great riding truck.

Easier access for the passenger to the radio controls.