2005 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Great Z71
By Rbredemeyer on 06/26/05 22:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fifth Z71 Suburban. It is a great vehicle. The only thing that would make it better would be to use the 6.0 liter engine for a bit more towing power.

Big, Safe,Strong and Comfortable
By Rick on 06/17/05 13:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Must have captain's chairs which allows kid traffic to flow, and gives more elbow room for adults. The TV helps control climate of kids. XM radio gives choices when traveling. Big engine pulls my boat and eight passengers in vehicle. Great for beaching in the sand. No problems when it snows, Steering is effortless. Parking is easy if everyone parks straight.

Great SUV
By Jesse on 06/13/05 17:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This will be the fourth Suburban we have owned, and this one is the one I have been wanting. It is white with all the toys. It is a great riding vehicle and gives you the comfort and safety you need to enjoy driving on trips.

Car Seats and the 3rd Row Bench
By Jennifer A. on 05/12/05 01:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my SUV. My husband got it for me for Mother's Day. The only things I would change about it is the leg room and the width of the 3rd seat. I have a day care business and use a lot of car seats. The 3rd seat is NOT wide enough to hold 3 car seats. The leg room is not enough too. Kids had trouble walking to get to their seats. Seat buckles are more difficult to manipulate than with my Astro van for the booster children. Other than that I love it. Great kid SUV, especially with the DVD player.

I love it
By Robert on 03/19/05 07:58 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We travel a lot and it is roomy and very comfortable. I will buy another when this one is 5 yrs old (we did same) Has all features one could want in this type of vehicle.

Michigan Suburban
By Ed on 03/18/05 21:25 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is our family's second Suburban. We love it. We recently had to rent a smaller SUV and there really is no comparison. The ride and the handling of the larger SUV is superior

Bad Choice
By sweets on 03/18/05 19:53 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Suburban has very poor inteior, every electronic component breaks. Dealer does not know why preset functions fail, mirrors do not work. Definitly buy Toyota for the price, unless you pay 21K like I did it's not worth it. I guess they say you get what you pay for. No wonder GM is struggling.

Bigger and Better
By Tracy Scott on 03/09/05 14:05 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a Tahoe, so I am more than familiar with the Chevy line. I have 5 children, so this type of car is a must for me. I love the vehicle and the ride is smooth and quiet, and powerful, even with the "smaller" engine. I am pleased with the vehicle and plan to keep it for at least 2-3 years. Taking our first long trip in it this weekend. It can be difficult to park due to its size, even for experienced SUV drivers like me.

Great Car
By T Treadwell on 02/19/05 08:33 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Suburban is a little hard to get use to at first, but when you do get use to it there is no other car that will compare.. Long rides on the highway produce no back pain or fatigue.. The gas costs you a little more but the safety and ride is worth the price of the gas.. also there is no complaints from the back as there is ample leg room as well as seat comfort.. Also no bumpy rides here..

It is worth buying
By dale on 02/12/05 08:43 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Suburban. My 1st suburban was back in 1996. They are great for long trips and someone who sits behind the wheel for long periods of time. Oh yes, I will buy another one in 2007 if I like the style.