2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
King of the road
By harry on 10/27/05 16:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck drives very nicely in highway crusing. My family loves it, especially for long distance travel. DVD makes trip a lot short. The size makes it feel like the king of the road. Money-can't-buy confidence knowing that my family will be safer than most other people riding in many other types of cars.

Just love it
By harry on 10/25/05 16:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Z71 for the safety, size, and comfort. I have been rearended several times and as an structural engineer, I know when it comes to collision, the only thing it really matters is the size. I view the extra gas I paid as the cost of buying the life insurance for my family. For insurance, I get nothing, for Suburban, my family gets to enjoy the ride everyday. There is just nothing like driving/riding in a big truck. I love it.

05 Suburban-cross country tested
By KF on 10/21/05 08:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I drove my new LT from Mass to Colo and then Calif and back to Colo then home while visiting my 2 daughters for 4 weeks, and it performed flawlessly in all weather for 6,850 miles, and got 17.9 MPG for entire trip. I noticed front tires had inner edge scuffing when I returned and Dealer determined car was out of alignment from factory, so they aligned it at 9K miles and put two new tires on under warranty. I am very pleased with how it rides and handles.

My Favorite Suburban
By Val on 09/12/05 11:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We had baby #3 and decided to move up from our Tahoe. This is my first Suburban and I love it! It is very comforable inside. We have buckets in the middle so the big kids can get in and out easily. The extra room was very needed. In the Tahoe to use the cargo room, all the kids had to sit in the middle seats, that made for lots of fighting. Now we can utilize the whole interior! The DVD system is still a big hit, although with three little kids, controls in the front might be nice.

Fuel System Vapor Locks
By Not a GM Fan on 07/31/05 17:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We bought the vehicle to tow our 8000lb camper. It tows the vehicle very well, however, it has died on us three times. Each time, we're headed up I-70 west of Denver in 95 degree heat towing the camper. The fuel system vapor locks. Chevrolet keeps replacing the fuel pump, but the fuel pump obviously isn't the problem -- the vehicle is completely drivable (until placed in the aforementioned conditions). If it happens one more time (and we fully expect it will), the state of Colorado will officially consider it a lemon and hopefully we'll get our money back.

New Purchase, Happy
By M.D'Arco on 07/31/05 11:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2004 Armada, 14 months old. It had brake and wheel alignment issues, and air bag issues. I traded for the Suburban. The Chevy rides better, and quieter. More like a luxury car rather then a truck. Had the Suburban as a loner for a week. fell in love with the thing and bought one.

Good handling and comfort despite huge size
By jmfnmln on 07/31/05 10:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We stepped up from a Ford Expedition when our family grew. It was a good move! It handles very well despite its size, has good power and handling, and the interior space is great. It is very comfortable -- more so than the Expedition, and I don't find it too much more difficult to maneuver.

Love My Truck
By Cathie on 07/25/05 20:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice looking truck. Very comfortable. The kids love the DVD player (Playstation may be used) The ride is great, and I feel very safe! I had a Suburban before, and we got rearended. Te only thing that saved the backseat people was the size of the truck. Hit at 50 miles an hour sitting at a stop light . This truck saved us. I love this truck and will always own one.

#2 and Lovin' It!
By Laser on 07/24/05 15:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is our second Suburban. We traded our 2001 for it. We have a family of 6 and it will make a great traveling companion. Many great improvments from the 2001 to the 2005. The brakes are much better than the 2001.

First time suburban owner
By BTZN on 07/20/05 11:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned our first Suburban for a few months (Z71 - RWD). Previously owned various minivans and outgrew the interior space. Needed something with power to pull a boat. First impression is that it is an excellent vehicle (but talk to me in 100,000 miles). Mileage leaves something to be desired, but you know that going in. My only complaint is the placement of the DVD system. When the screen is down it is right in the line of sight of the rearview mirror and is very distracting. DVD is also fed from the second row of the vehicle. In our minivans the DVD was controlled from the front. It is certainly not enough to warrant a red mark on an excellent vehicle, just an FYI.