Used 2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

everything has its ups and downs
By Bonez

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Loved the car before the problems but still love it. The transmission went out at 65,000 miles but was under extended warranty so they replaced it for free. Then cd player and stereo went out @ 3o, 000 miles but got it replace too. The car is amazingly comfortable and my mom rarely lets anyone else drive it but its got no power in that v8. I got beat by the VW jetta 2.5l, it was kinda embarrassing. Im a truck guy but this suv just makes me love it. Recall should've been done on transmission. Also this z71 is 2wd so better gas mileage

comfort, luxury for price, gas mileage for huge suv, xm radio, the style of the Z71, and its 2wd. so cal! what would you need a 4wd for? driving on the sand to the beach?

more powerful enigne thats it

2005 Suburban LT 2WD
By Tim

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle new in 8-05 and have been very pleased. Reliability has been top notch with not one issue at almost 50,000 miles. It's been on a 4,400 mile vacation round trip with a 20 MPG highway rating driving thru a stretch of interstate at 65 MPH. Most of the driving has been in the Baton Rouge metro area.

Looks, comfort, reliability, performance, and exterior body integrity.

Make a hybrid available at all levels. A large segment of SUV drivers might be willing to pay more for a vehicle up front for better fuel economy. It'll never be a Prius, but 20mpg overall certainly beats 14.

BurbLVR
By BURBLVR

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We decided to purchase a used Suburban and after plenty of research and waiting we finally bought a fully loaded LT. We wish we would have bought it sooner! It has everything we need; Plenty of space for us, 2 dogs, and luggage. We have 2 little kids and the DVD is a must and a life-saver on any trip! We've had no issues with it and I've put about 7000 miles on it now. I switched to Synthetic Oil and a K&M air filter and I now get about 1.5 MPG better fuel mileage both in town and on highways.

Room, DVD, ride, quietness, and quality.

None that I can think of.

My "bus"
By Mike

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Suburban and all I can say is they keep getting better. This one is a loaded Z71. All I have done is change oil and 1 set of tires at 65K miles. I am now taking it in for a 100K mile going over for some deferred maintenance. Still has original brakes.

We own this for the space. I have owned 2 dr pick ups, 3 door pick ups, a Blazer and a Tahoe. The "bus" gets my Lab inside with the people where it belongs with all of our people and gear on the many hunting/fishing/golf combo trips we do. The ride is the best and it goes through deep snow the best.

A little better ground clearance would help when you have to drag the truck belly through deep snow.

My First Suburban
By terry

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Suburban. My last vehicle was an Avalanche and I totally loved it, but I wanted a covered cargo box and my wife didn't like the Avalanche caps that were available. So I was looking and saw the Suburban that we purchased a 2005 with only 28,000 miles, Red with tan interior, plus it also came with an extra set of 20" chrome rims and low profile tires. The original tires and rims were included also and those looked like they had very few miles. I have driven the Suburban for almost a year and absolutely love it. It is very simialr to the Avalanche, but now I have the covered cargo area, and it works prefect for me. The only thing I wish it got about 2-3 miles more per gallon.

Color combinatation, red exterior and tan leather interior. Every option available. Previous owner was the owner of the car dealership I bought it from, and he ordered it loaded.