2005 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
I Thought I Would Never Buy American
By Ken Chief on 02/17/06 00:07 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was on my way to pick up a Toyota Seq. and stopped at one last dealership. My wife fell in love with the Suburban and I have been stuck with driving our minivan ever since. We travel a lot with our 3 kids and always have a lot of gear. With kids, get the split bucket seats in the back for easy entry to the far rear seat. I have towed my 3,000 lb boat with a loaded truck on a 2500 mile trip and it was a breeze. It's been about 18k now and not a problem yet. We love the room, comfort, DVD system and the handling in the snow. I am very impressed. If it weren't for the employee pricing last year, I would have never stopped to check it out. I have owned Highlander, Camry, Odyssey, Audi

Chevy Suburban -- Z71
By Margo on 02/12/06 10:56 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most comfortable vehicle we've owned during the past 35 years. I feel safe when traveling the interstates!

The best in its class
By Chris McGovern on 01/28/06 10:48 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

An awesome vehicle so far. The features alone on this model of Suburban are enough to be excited about. Heated seats aside, OnStar protects and XM entertains, while this cargo and people spacious SUV takes us to wherever we want, in style and comfort. This is in another class as far as Large SUV's are concerned. I have driven many and I always come back to the standard bearer. No one combines this much, luxurious combination, of driving features not costing 60k. More power could be had, but that withstanding,the best in its class.

Finally Got My Suburban
By rdvideo1 on 01/15/06 17:41 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After 25 years of wanting a Suburban, finally got one. This truck drives like a car. They have really improved the ride, noise dampening, and creature comforts. Live in an area that has a lot of hills. This truck negotiates them like they weren't even there. Some of my passengers have complained about the 2nd row seats not adjusting but not too much else. Traded in a high top conversion van which had more room but was terible in the winter for traction (2 rear wheel drive). The front bucket seats are a little tight when the arm rest is down. Find myself resting my arm on the center flip up console. Gas mileage is around 14.5 around town (with a lot of hills). Does better on the highway.

Great Truck
By rl1961 on 12/21/05 23:55 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. I owned a Toyota Sequoia before this, but there is no comparison. Chevrolet thought it all through and delivered a great SUV!

Great Suburban
By LaDonna Whitt on 12/13/05 12:07 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Suburban. It drives great and gets better gas mileage than was listed. And I love the 4 wheel drive because I can go pretty much where we please. It handles beautiful on highway and dirt roads. I even get wonderful milage in the mountains. I am glad I drive a Suburban. It has a lot of room and for long or short trips I can put so much in the roomy back. I have drove a Chevy a lot of years and I love them.

Great Car
By Cherry on 12/01/05 16:20 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have truly enjoyed my Suburban. After months of looking and researching, I had my heart set on the Yukon XL Denali. But once I saw the Z71, I realized it had every one of the features that appealed to me about the Denali, at a considerably lower cost. The touch-screen stereo/navigation system and DVD player are a must for my family of 7. The cargo space feels like 4 times that of my previous vehicle, the Ford Expedition.

Would love to love this SUV
By k. on 12/01/05 10:09 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased out 2005 Suburban in Sept. and I loved it! But 2 weeks later a freeze plug in the engine compartment started to leak. We have had it to 2 different dealerships 4 times now and its still not fixed, its leaking and smells of antifreeze. It had 12,000 miles on it when we bought it and yes it is still under certified warranty,but this is still very annoying. I really liked this suv, but all this running to the dealership is making me wonder if I made a mistake trading in my Honda for a Chevrolet seeing that no one seems to be able to solve this problem and my Honda was so reliable.

LIke it
By Jay on 11/14/05 20:32 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like this vehicle, I prefer a 4wd but the cost kept me out of it. I enjoy the space and the acceleration, however when hammering it the gas gauge moves quickly to empty. The vehicle is better in traffic than the reviews let on.

Big Block could tow my house!
By shenandoah75 on 11/09/05 17:05 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I had nothing but problems with an 2003 LS C2500 with the 6.0 engine - mostly electrical. Sold it just prior to going out of warranty and went with this as it's replacement. GM can engineer a vehicle - they are awesome at at. But they still have quality problems no matter what they're marketing department puts out in commercials (esp in these vehicles out of Mexico). Air Bag connectors, EBMC (brake controleer), axle seals... We're tlaking basic components here. Quality asside, the 2500 is a niche vehicle meant not for soccer moms, but for families with serious towing/hauling needs. And that it does well, the 8.1 flies even with interior filled and pulling 6000 lbs behind it.