Used 2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Great vehicle
By GCS

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love it! Have the basic LS model which is pretty much loaded. Only extra cost options are the trailer tow package and block heater. Bought it new and specifically wanted the 3.42 rear end gears and happy we did - Get great MPG for this size vehicle. Up to 21 MPG on the highway. (That's actual calculated mileage - the trip computer is usually optimistic by a .5 MPG. I found with E-85 the mileage is about 20% less - so look for 20% less pricing on E-85 to make it worthwhile. It does well towing a camper and has lots of room for passengers and luggage. A great vacation/trip vehicle - smooth quiet ride with comfortable seats. Only repair was to fix a clunk in the steering. Very reliable.

Comfort - good mileage for its size - trip computer - steering wheel controls.

It is great as is.

Usable comfort
By dan

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this 2005 Suburban LT used a year ago with 35000 miles and it now have over 60000. It joined a 07 Quest van as our people hauler and run-about vehicle. The Suburban has won everyone's heart and we use it constantly, much more than the Quest. Superbly comfortable, capable and USABLE! Does all the chores including trips from Nebraska to Arizona. We love it. Only improvement would be the 6 speed transmission and a touch more power, but otherwise it has proven to be the best vehicle we have ever purchased. Certainly will not be our last Suburban.

Comfort, quiet interior, gas mileage great for it's size, comfortable seating and of course, ROOM.

6 speed auto (new ones have it), otherwise, keep building it the same. That's why people love them.

For a big family, there's no other ride!
By Ricky

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have a large family (7) already when we purchased this Suburban. Then, we became foster parents and we grew to 9! Ours has the optional bench seat in the front, which is a rarity we found out, but we all love it. For the large family, there's no other way to go. We can even go on weeks' vacation with most of the luggage in the back!

Seating capacity for 9, large cargo area, decent MPGs for a huge car.

European Travel
By Smokeysan

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck overall has been an excellent vehicle. When I came home from Iraq during R&R I had to replace the brakes. Now I am at 96,000 miles I am having a few minor issues. The speedometer is working off and on and I have a few sensors that are lit. It is letting me know that I need to check the air bag and the tire sensor. Other than that the truck has been very reliable. I drive it daily in Germany and just returned from Holland on a vacation. I will by another Suburban. The only features I wish I had was a navigation with the back up camera.

Rear entertainment system, leather, interior space, and sunroof.

A 6 speed transmission like the new ones have.

everything has its ups and downs
By Bonez

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Loved the car before the problems but still love it. The transmission went out at 65,000 miles but was under extended warranty so they replaced it for free. Then cd player and stereo went out @ 3o, 000 miles but got it replace too. The car is amazingly comfortable and my mom rarely lets anyone else drive it but its got no power in that v8. I got beat by the VW jetta 2.5l, it was kinda embarrassing. Im a truck guy but this suv just makes me love it. Recall should've been done on transmission. Also this z71 is 2wd so better gas mileage

comfort, luxury for price, gas mileage for huge suv, xm radio, the style of the Z71, and its 2wd. so cal! what would you need a 4wd for? driving on the sand to the beach?

more powerful enigne thats it