2005 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
2005 Suburban LT 2WD
By Tim on 04/10/09 15:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle new in 8-05 and have been very pleased. Reliability has been top notch with not one issue at almost 50,000 miles. It's been on a 4,400 mile vacation round trip with a 20 MPG highway rating driving thru a stretch of interstate at 65 MPH. Most of the driving has been in the Baton Rouge metro area.

BurbLVR
By BURBLVR on 02/14/09 19:40 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We decided to purchase a used Suburban and after plenty of research and waiting we finally bought a fully loaded LT. We wish we would have bought it sooner! It has everything we need; Plenty of space for us, 2 dogs, and luggage. We have 2 little kids and the DVD is a must and a life-saver on any trip! We've had no issues with it and I've put about 7000 miles on it now. I switched to Synthetic Oil and a K&M air filter and I now get about 1.5 MPG better fuel mileage both in town and on highways.

My "bus"
By Mike on 11/17/08 15:25 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Suburban and all I can say is they keep getting better. This one is a loaded Z71. All I have done is change oil and 1 set of tires at 65K miles. I am now taking it in for a 100K mile going over for some deferred maintenance. Still has original brakes.

My First Suburban
By terry on 08/13/07 09:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Suburban. My last vehicle was an Avalanche and I totally loved it, but I wanted a covered cargo box and my wife didn't like the Avalanche caps that were available. So I was looking and saw the Suburban that we purchased a 2005 with only 28,000 miles, Red with tan interior, plus it also came with an extra set of 20" chrome rims and low profile tires. The original tires and rims were included also and those looked like they had very few miles. I have driven the Suburban for almost a year and absolutely love it. It is very simialr to the Avalanche, but now I have the covered cargo area, and it works prefect for me. The only thing I wish it got about 2-3 miles more per gallon.

My Third and Best Suburban
By MrBill on 03/13/07 05:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Was a little disapointed that it was made in Mexico, but that has taken a back seat to being in love with the quality and workmanship. Would have loved for it to be union made, but think it is a great value for the bucks. I pull a 30 foot camper trailer and a boat with it for family trips. Pulled a 30 foot boat from VA to Grand Lake, CO without a single hiccup. Performed well at high altitude as at sea level. Good brakes coming down Berthoud Pass. All in all a home run for Chevy. Not a grand slam, but a solid home run!

Best Large SUV out there
By BikerAl on 03/03/07 04:04 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this Suburban for almost 2 years and love it. I pick up me new Suburban next week. This has been reliable (45,000 miles already and only 1 minor problem covered by warranty), comfortable and great ride. Only downside is the gas mileage.

Excellent tow vehicle
By Jayboy63 on 09/02/06 09:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is an excellent, dependable tow vehicle for trailers up to 10,000 pounds. Strong engine with excellent response and power. RV'ing to nite clubing, this is a classy chassis.

A perfect SUV
By Trina on 05/10/06 13:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really have to say that this SUV is wonderful. The heated seats, navigation and back up sensors (dealer installed) are wonderful. It is roomy and the DVD keeps my children quiet which is Priceless. The vehicle is a smoother one than my previous Expedition. The take off is much quicker and the seats are very comfortable. I would tell anyone with kids to buy this if you want peace of mind. The on star is a added security feature I cannot imagine being without.

Converted Jeep owner
By robert bratek on 03/25/06 04:58 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Drives and rides like a large car. W use it instead of our car 90% of the time. If driven sensably we get 22mpg on long trips(55mph).

Got to Love it !
By Sean on 02/24/06 08:14 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehcile for two reasons. First just always wanted one, I've always owned GM products from my '69 Camaro, '71 Chevelle, Sonoma pick up, to Grand Prix and multiple other vehicles. Second of all safety for my large family and towablity.