05 Suburban-cross country tested
By KF on
2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I drove my new LT from Mass to Colo and then Calif and back to Colo then home while visiting my 2 daughters for 4 weeks, and it performed flawlessly in all weather for 6,850 miles, and got 17.9 MPG for entire trip. I noticed front tires had inner edge scuffing when I returned and Dealer determined car was out of alignment from factory, so they aligned it at 9K miles and put two new tires on under warranty. I am very pleased with how it rides and handles.
Favorite Features
Power folding mirrors, (I had one broken at a carwash on older Subby..not cheap to get fixed) numbered keyfobs that recall your seating presets, stabilitrak/auto ride keeps car from leaning while cornering. Tri zone A/C & Heat, Dvd player, comfortable ride, and good handling-it'sfun to drive this!
Suggested Improvements
Hard to close last door unless I slam it with all windows closed (too airtight). I added backup camera system for $850. They shd offer it when new for this monster. I wish the gas tank was still 40 gals like my '99 GMC Subby. I often had to gas up 2 times per day on my cross country trip.