2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Highly recommended, plus decent MPGs
By 99avalon on 05/05/14 12:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

For 2 yrs we have owned an 05 Suburban 1500 LS 2wd and we love it. It is comfortable, capable, and spacious. I have hauled 9 large adults in it for work trips. We tow our family quads to the dunes or the cabin with it. We travel, and run errands, and basically do everything with it. Easy to get in and out of. Low maintenance. 139K miles. All original. Last week I drove from Utah to Arizona and back with my boys and a load of stuff, and at 70 mph with the cruise/AC on I averaged 23.5 mpgs with my manual calculations. My wife loves this truck for hauling kids and friends to school or the park. I love how smooth it rides down the freeway and the power it has. It's a perfect vehicle for us.

For a big family, there's no other ride!
By Ricky on 07/01/09 14:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have a large family (7) already when we purchased this Suburban. Then, we became foster parents and we grew to 9! Ours has the optional bench seat in the front, which is a rarity we found out, but we all love it. For the large family, there's no other way to go. We can even go on weeks' vacation with most of the luggage in the back!

2005 Suburban LT 2WD
By Tim on 04/10/09 15:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle new in 8-05 and have been very pleased. Reliability has been top notch with not one issue at almost 50,000 miles. It's been on a 4,400 mile vacation round trip with a 20 MPG highway rating driving thru a stretch of interstate at 65 MPH. Most of the driving has been in the Baton Rouge metro area.

BurbLVR
By BURBLVR on 02/14/09 19:40 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We decided to purchase a used Suburban and after plenty of research and waiting we finally bought a fully loaded LT. We wish we would have bought it sooner! It has everything we need; Plenty of space for us, 2 dogs, and luggage. We have 2 little kids and the DVD is a must and a life-saver on any trip! We've had no issues with it and I've put about 7000 miles on it now. I switched to Synthetic Oil and a K&M air filter and I now get about 1.5 MPG better fuel mileage both in town and on highways.

The best in its class
By Chris McGovern on 01/28/06 10:48 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

An awesome vehicle so far. The features alone on this model of Suburban are enough to be excited about. Heated seats aside, OnStar protects and XM entertains, while this cargo and people spacious SUV takes us to wherever we want, in style and comfort. This is in another class as far as Large SUV's are concerned. I have driven many and I always come back to the standard bearer. No one combines this much, luxurious combination, of driving features not costing 60k. More power could be had, but that withstanding,the best in its class.

Great Truck
By rl1961 on 12/21/05 23:55 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. I owned a Toyota Sequoia before this, but there is no comparison. Chevrolet thought it all through and delivered a great SUV!

LIke it
By Jay on 11/14/05 20:32 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like this vehicle, I prefer a 4wd but the cost kept me out of it. I enjoy the space and the acceleration, however when hammering it the gas gauge moves quickly to empty. The vehicle is better in traffic than the reviews let on.

New Purchase, Happy
By M.D'Arco on 07/31/05 11:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2004 Armada, 14 months old. It had brake and wheel alignment issues, and air bag issues. I traded for the Suburban. The Chevy rides better, and quieter. More like a luxury car rather then a truck. Had the Suburban as a loner for a week. fell in love with the thing and bought one.

Car Seats and the 3rd Row Bench
By Jennifer A. on 05/12/05 01:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my SUV. My husband got it for me for Mother's Day. The only things I would change about it is the leg room and the width of the 3rd seat. I have a day care business and use a lot of car seats. The 3rd seat is NOT wide enough to hold 3 car seats. The leg room is not enough too. Kids had trouble walking to get to their seats. Seat buckles are more difficult to manipulate than with my Astro van for the booster children. Other than that I love it. Great kid SUV, especially with the DVD player.

Bigger and Better
By Tracy Scott on 03/09/05 14:05 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a Tahoe, so I am more than familiar with the Chevy line. I have 5 children, so this type of car is a must for me. I love the vehicle and the ride is smooth and quiet, and powerful, even with the "smaller" engine. I am pleased with the vehicle and plan to keep it for at least 2-3 years. Taking our first long trip in it this weekend. It can be difficult to park due to its size, even for experienced SUV drivers like me.