2004 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: The Grocery-Getter From Hell

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Review

The Grocery-Getter From Hell
By MuzzledRooster on

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle choices for those of us with multiple children are limited. We have 5 kids and wanted something that offered more room, comfort, and power than our minivan. Due to the $4/gallon gas prices in July '08 folks were dumping their SUVs like hot cakes. Ours was originally stickered just shy of $50k, but I got it for $15k. What a deal! Our 'Burb decked out: moon roof, leather heated memory seats, heated mirrors, XM 6 disc changer, 17" wheels, rear DVD, you name it! It drives like no other truck I've ever driven and is super comfortable. This is technically my wife's vehicle but I find excuses to drive it. We love it and will buy another when this one is worn out.

Favorite Features

DVD for the kids. XM. Driver setting recall. Lumbar support. Rear heat/AC. Plenty of power. Smooth ride. Auto 4WD. Adjustable pedals. Ability to pull a travel trailer. Classy look of the Suburban

Suggested Improvements

Dealer never mentioned the E85 capability, this is a selling point worth mentioning, in my opinion. Educate your sales reps! I'd love for this thing to get 30 mpg but let's be realistic: a line-backer requires more than 1200 calories per day.