2004 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: The Grocery-Getter From Hell

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Review

The Grocery-Getter From Hell
By MuzzledRooster on

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle choices for those of us with multiple children are limited. We have 5 kids and wanted something that offered more room, comfort, and power than our minivan. Due to the $4/gallon gas prices in July '08 folks were dumping their SUVs like hot cakes. Ours was originally stickered just shy of $50k, but I got it for $15k. What a deal! Our 'Burb decked out: moon roof, leather heated memory seats, heated mirrors, XM 6 disc changer, 17" wheels, rear DVD, you name it! It drives like no other truck I've ever driven and is super comfortable. This is technically my wife's vehicle but I find excuses to drive it. We love it and will buy another when this one is worn out.

DVD for the kids. XM. Driver setting recall. Lumbar support. Rear heat/AC. Plenty of power. Smooth ride. Auto 4WD. Adjustable pedals. Ability to pull a travel trailer. Classy look of the Suburban

Dealer never mentioned the E85 capability, this is a selling point worth mentioning, in my opinion. Educate your sales reps! I'd love for this thing to get 30 mpg but let's be realistic: a line-backer requires more than 1200 calories per day.