2004 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: poor fuel milage/ok vehical

2004 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Review

poor fuel milage/ok vehical
By fordmaster73 on

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought our '04 suburban with the Z71 package. at first we loved this vehicle (and still really like it). but we feel the fuel mileage is horrible! It left us stranded 30 miles in the wilderness after a camping trip with no phone services when the ground wire to the ECM (computer) broke. It cost us $400 at a dealer to fix a wire and re-flash the computer. the battery and alternator also needed replaced but I was OK with that considering its age and mileage. just figured it was normal maintenance. the brakes have always felt week even after replacing them and flushing the old fluid out. the power of the 5.3L I feel is undersized for this size of vehicle.

Love being able to take the whole family on towing trips in comfort. has enough room to fit our large family and still fit plenty of cargo. The Z71 package is nice with great sound, and DVD system for the kids.

increase fuel mileage. improve handling in corners. needs more power. Third seat is way to heavy, improve the third seat stow-away design. Either a fold into the floor setup or decrease its weight.