2004 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: Bring back the Diesel!

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Review

Bring back the Diesel!
By Dave Tulka on

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2004 Suburban in April '06 after 25 years and 300K+ miles of Honda Accords. The Suburban is almost a dream come true. The LT3 interior, automatic seating (with unreal adjustments), automatic mirrors, high ride in traffic and space make this an unbelieveable vehicle. I sat in the third seat and was comfortable. The short turning radius continues to amaze me. The five of us will be taking some family trips this summer with our camping gear and luggage securely in the back. This is a wonderful truck to drive. The comfort and quiet of the interior were really nice on the 800 mile trip we took right after we bought it.

I have to go with the excellent design and implementation of the front seats. The adjustable lumbar and side support absolutely make the vehicle's ride legendary.

I had been looking at 2500HD trucks for the diesel mileage and longevity. The Suburban brought more utility to us than a truck. Bring back the diesel Suburban! Thanks, Chevy for bringing me back to American cars.