Used 2004 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Love my Suburban
By Marilyn

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It holds my family and all the musical equipment very comfortably. With a double base and an electric guitar player, we need all the room we can get. I love driving the Suburban and parking has not been a problem in any way. The comfort and control I have with this vehicle is remarkable.

I love the contured seats and the warming feature, that makes cold days bearable. The On-Star has to be the best feature ever added to the vehicle though. At 4' 11", the pedals being adjustable makes it possible for me to sit at a safe distance from the steering wheel.

I wouldn't change a thing on my Suburban. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned. The more I drive it, the more I love it.

Good Truck Minor Flaw(s)
By onefast6

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Heated seat only warm in the middle not on outside near legs or upper back. Spare tire very difficult to access along with jack. Only 4 speakers. Plenty of power, room and ride great.

XM, Roomy interior, lift back window.

Heated seats, spare tire and jack access, rear speakers.

Happy so far!
By PA

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased it two months ago. Great ride going from 1999 Dodge Durango and great handling. Loaded with features in comparison, but way more expensive. Wondered if wife who usually drove minivan would like it, but now she won't give it back. Kids love the ride and the back seat room. Tested Ford Explorer and Toyota Sequoia but found cargo space and price value better with Chevrolet.

Love sunroof and XM radio. No experience with OnStar, but seems great for travel and safety.

I think power seats could use a little better adjusting control. Wish the rear (3rd) seat folded into floor. Auto 4WD is great but may prefer AWD.

Great family truck
By dwkkmk2

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had looked at the Ford Expidition, as well as the Excursion. The ride and creature comforts on the GM won hands down. The Autoride rides like a Cadillac Limo, The DVD is great for the back seat crew, and the bose speakers w/xm is spectacular sounding. Onstar assures quick emergancy response where ever you are.

DVD, Autoride, XM radio, Onstar

Diesel as an option for this vehical, why not?

Family Ride
By Miller4

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We replaced a GM Family Minivan with Suburban. Comfort, room, performance and ride exceptional. Safety of Family offsets the decrease in Fuel Economy. Wife and Kids love it, Dad wishes he could drive it more.

Engine performance exceptional in town, highway, and travel through mountains. Rear Entertainment System a plus for family travel.

Storage compartments inside back rear area(each side) for tools and misc items.