Used 2004 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Love this ride.
By Coleary

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Owned two Expeditions and a minivan before Suburban. Gets better gas than them, 21/16. Rides smoothly, tight turns, handles beautifully, has plenty of power, loaded w/bells and whistles my Expeditions never offered.

DVD, sunroof, CD, seat warmer, memory seats all well used and appreciated extras.

How about one in hot pink w/flames and a cream interior. And throw in 4 headsets instead of 2.

Bring back the Diesel!
By Dave Tulka

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2004 Suburban in April '06 after 25 years and 300K+ miles of Honda Accords. The Suburban is almost a dream come true. The LT3 interior, automatic seating (with unreal adjustments), automatic mirrors, high ride in traffic and space make this an unbelieveable vehicle. I sat in the third seat and was comfortable. The short turning radius continues to amaze me. The five of us will be taking some family trips this summer with our camping gear and luggage securely in the back. This is a wonderful truck to drive. The comfort and quiet of the interior were really nice on the 800 mile trip we took right after we bought it.

I have to go with the excellent design and implementation of the front seats. The adjustable lumbar and side support absolutely make the vehicle's ride legendary.

I had been looking at 2500HD trucks for the diesel mileage and longevity. The Suburban brought more utility to us than a truck. Bring back the diesel Suburban! Thanks, Chevy for bringing me back to American cars.

2004 Z71
By T.S.

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle has performed great. My only issue is the lack of E85 fueling stations. I get 13 mpg around town and about 20 on the highway. Before I decided to get the Z71, we test drove the LS and LT. I have to say that the Z71 was a much better ride. They were all better than the Ford Expedition I had and alot more refined.

XM and OnStar are the two main favorites.

I would improve the vehicle by making the sunroof standard equipment.

Chevy Suburban
By vampares

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I drive this vehicle regularly. It is comfortable and handles well. I get 18.5 hw/15city (actual not by epa). The Bose speakers great. Same basic design as old Suburban (center console, seat fold down or come out). The body is solid, chrome bumpers, minimal use of plastic. The maintenance/service is cheap, cheap, cheap.

Sits upright and more natural than a car since its an SUV truck. With the tires at 60psi it can handle very well, much better than the old Suburban and at highway speeds is very steady. Gets good mileage for a 7200 lb. whale. Not as hard to park as you would think.

I would like it if the driver seat would go back farther because I change clothes in it and sometimes bump my knee. The side step is a little soft at the edge and could be all metal, lose the plastic cover, it can be slippery.

Mechanical Integrity /Reliability POOR
By Dale

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Now I know why GM is about to go bankrupt. This is the second Z71 Suburban that I have owned since 2002 and have had nothing but problems with both. This will be last one that I will buy.

Room and offroad capabilities

GM needs concentrate on building a quality product instead of putting in all the gadgets.