2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Cannot wait for 2007 model
By peteinpa on 01/05/06 22:35 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Power, comfort and better control than my sedan. The wife and kids use it regularly and when they have to use Dad's car...well...nobody's happy? The kids love it, my wife and I love it! And you will not feel safer. We cannot wait to order our 2007! For big families...this is the vehicle!

Driving Comfort
By Dan on 12/04/05 02:47 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck becuase I needed room and comfort while working across the U.S. I had owned several trucks and cars in the past few years for work, but I kept coming back to the ride and comfor of a Suburban. Once I got it, I will be hard pressed in the future to get rid of it. I intend to keep it until either it or I fall apart.

The Ultimate Family Transport
By Ron on 06/23/05 14:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was never a proponent of the "BIG SUV", but needed the room and comfort for our family of 5 making monthly trips between Long Island and Boston. Excellent handling, great drivability, roomy, comfortable, quiet, real 3rd row seating, excellent cargo capacity, did I mention roomy? And surprisingly easy to park. It doesn't get much better than this for family transportation. GM has a real winner in the Suburban - keep it up!

Great truck
By NC driver on 03/11/05 20:06 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Owned minivans for 7 years prior to purchasing our first SUV. We needed something large enough for our 2 kids, dog and all our luggage. The Suburban was the logical choice. Plesantly surprised by the engine power and comfort. This truck can really get going when you punch the accelerator. Fuel economy is the only flaw, but you know that going in to the purchase. I think I will always have a Suburban. I wish my wife would let me get my own but we don't need two.

2004 Suburban
By Jeff Carrington on 01/15/05 22:52 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle for the family. Great vehicle for family vacation. We drove 4000 miles this summer without a hitch.

Love my Suburban
By Marilyn on 01/05/05 15:17 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It holds my family and all the musical equipment very comfortably. With a double base and an electric guitar player, we need all the room we can get. I love driving the Suburban and parking has not been a problem in any way. The comfort and control I have with this vehicle is remarkable.

Good Truck Minor Flaw(s)
By onefast6 on 12/27/04 14:23 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Heated seat only warm in the middle not on outside near legs or upper back. Spare tire very difficult to access along with jack. Only 4 speakers. Plenty of power, room and ride great.

Happy so far!
By PA on 12/11/04 18:42 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased it two months ago. Great ride going from 1999 Dodge Durango and great handling. Loaded with features in comparison, but way more expensive. Wondered if wife who usually drove minivan would like it, but now she won't give it back. Kids love the ride and the back seat room. Tested Ford Explorer and Toyota Sequoia but found cargo space and price value better with Chevrolet.

Great family truck
By dwkkmk2 on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had looked at the Ford Expidition, as well as the Excursion. The ride and creature comforts on the GM won hands down. The Autoride rides like a Cadillac Limo, The DVD is great for the back seat crew, and the bose speakers w/xm is spectacular sounding. Onstar assures quick emergancy response where ever you are.

Family Ride
By Miller4 on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We replaced a GM Family Minivan with Suburban. Comfort, room, performance and ride exceptional. Safety of Family offsets the decrease in Fuel Economy. Wife and Kids love it, Dad wishes he could drive it more.