2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
2004 Chevolet Suburban
By ddzncle on 01/22/09 08:29 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Suburban to transport mygrand children. It has become the car pool vehicle for my friends going to events around town. We can get 8 people in it plus luggage. The third seat comfort is not the best but good for short trips.

Buy American and buy the best!
By Keith Rigsby on 01/02/07 18:41 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

So much room, power, capability, wrapped up in such a handsome design with rock solid reliability. That's the Suburban. There is nothing better. Filled with luggage to the ceiling, 4 adults, driving 80-85 mph going to Colorado for snow skiing last month. Averaged 17.9 mpg! 2 wheel drive and it handled the snow covered mountain passes and switchbacks with ease. Drives like a much smaller vehicle. You can keep the Toyotas and Hondas. Give me American ingenuity at it's best with the Suburban. The Suburban has been a hit for General Motors since 1935! It's only gotten better over the years and the '04 is one of the best. love it! Long live General Motors and Cheverolet!

Nothing but a Suburban for me
By Norma J. Francis on 07/06/06 21:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Suburban because of its size & height. It was a gift from my husband after driving a luxury car for many years. He had a 2002 Suburban that we used commercially. We never had a single problem with it & it served us well. With 44,000+ miles & 2 years of constant traveling, I knew I wanted a bigger car. Namely a Suburban. He got me a 2004 as a family car and there is nothing like it. My only complaint is, it loves gasoline making short trips around town, but the highway driving is great. I never want a smaller car again. A good feeling of security.

Bring back the Diesel!
By Dave Tulka on 05/22/06 18:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2004 Suburban in April '06 after 25 years and 300K+ miles of Honda Accords. The Suburban is almost a dream come true. The LT3 interior, automatic seating (with unreal adjustments), automatic mirrors, high ride in traffic and space make this an unbelieveable vehicle. I sat in the third seat and was comfortable. The short turning radius continues to amaze me. The five of us will be taking some family trips this summer with our camping gear and luggage securely in the back. This is a wonderful truck to drive. The comfort and quiet of the interior were really nice on the 800 mile trip we took right after we bought it.

Driving Comfort
By Dan on 12/04/05 02:47 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck becuase I needed room and comfort while working across the U.S. I had owned several trucks and cars in the past few years for work, but I kept coming back to the ride and comfor of a Suburban. Once I got it, I will be hard pressed in the future to get rid of it. I intend to keep it until either it or I fall apart.

2004 Suburban
By Jeff Carrington on 01/15/05 22:52 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle for the family. Great vehicle for family vacation. We drove 4000 miles this summer without a hitch.

Good Truck Minor Flaw(s)
By onefast6 on 12/27/04 14:23 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Heated seat only warm in the middle not on outside near legs or upper back. Spare tire very difficult to access along with jack. Only 4 speakers. Plenty of power, room and ride great.

It works for me!
By David Dunlop on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This my third Suburban and will not be my last. We do a lot of traveling, and this is the ideal car for us. It is comfortable, safe, economical for it's size, and caries all the "junk" we want for our travels. I would and have recommended it to many people.

suburban rating
By bobscott on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

very happy with suburban as is.

Awsome Sport Ute
By mossieoak on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best sport utility on the market. I have driven 8 different manufacturers (Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Chrysler, ect) and this vehicle beats them hands down. The Chevrolet Tahoe was great but I opted for more room.