Used 2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

2004 Chevolet Suburban
By ddzncle

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Suburban to transport mygrand children. It has become the car pool vehicle for my friends going to events around town. We can get 8 people in it plus luggage. The third seat comfort is not the best but good for short trips.

Favorite Features

Love the ride and the space. It has the same features as the more expensive Escalade.

Suggested Improvements

I had to replace the complete dash board console at 40,000 miles (covered under extended warranty). At 50 thousand miles had to replace a noisy steering shaft that was not covered under warrenty.

Buy American and buy the best!
By Keith Rigsby

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

So much room, power, capability, wrapped up in such a handsome design with rock solid reliability. That's the Suburban. There is nothing better. Filled with luggage to the ceiling, 4 adults, driving 80-85 mph going to Colorado for snow skiing last month. Averaged 17.9 mpg! 2 wheel drive and it handled the snow covered mountain passes and switchbacks with ease. Drives like a much smaller vehicle. You can keep the Toyotas and Hondas. Give me American ingenuity at it's best with the Suburban. The Suburban has been a hit for General Motors since 1935! It's only gotten better over the years and the '04 is one of the best. love it! Long live General Motors and Cheverolet!

Favorite Features

OnStar, 2nd row bucket seats, powerful and efficient 5.3 liter V8, all the room, DVD player, heated seats, sunroof, memory presets for seats/mirrors, durable and comfortable leather seats, dual zone and automatic climate control, stabilitrack.

Suggested Improvements

Rain sensing wipers, auto up windows and sunroof, wind deflector for sunroof to cut down on wind noise when sunroof is open, floor mats for 3rd row passengers and walk way between 2nd row bucket seats.

Nothing but a Suburban for me
By Norma J. Francis

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Suburban because of its size & height. It was a gift from my husband after driving a luxury car for many years. He had a 2002 Suburban that we used commercially. We never had a single problem with it & it served us well. With 44,000+ miles & 2 years of constant traveling, I knew I wanted a bigger car. Namely a Suburban. He got me a 2004 as a family car and there is nothing like it. My only complaint is, it loves gasoline making short trips around town, but the highway driving is great. I never want a smaller car again. A good feeling of security.

Favorite Features

Size, height, roomy, and it is a vehicle I feel completely comfortable in. The comfort of being up high is a big plus & never the fear of a rollover. Totally satisfied & enjoy it.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the gas consumption or make it to run on Methonol. Everyone faces this wish for improvement.

Bring back the Diesel!
By Dave Tulka

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2004 Suburban in April '06 after 25 years and 300K+ miles of Honda Accords. The Suburban is almost a dream come true. The LT3 interior, automatic seating (with unreal adjustments), automatic mirrors, high ride in traffic and space make this an unbelieveable vehicle. I sat in the third seat and was comfortable. The short turning radius continues to amaze me. The five of us will be taking some family trips this summer with our camping gear and luggage securely in the back. This is a wonderful truck to drive. The comfort and quiet of the interior were really nice on the 800 mile trip we took right after we bought it.

Favorite Features

I have to go with the excellent design and implementation of the front seats. The adjustable lumbar and side support absolutely make the vehicle's ride legendary.

Suggested Improvements

I had been looking at 2500HD trucks for the diesel mileage and longevity. The Suburban brought more utility to us than a truck. Bring back the diesel Suburban! Thanks, Chevy for bringing me back to American cars.

Driving Comfort
By Dan

2004 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck becuase I needed room and comfort while working across the U.S. I had owned several trucks and cars in the past few years for work, but I kept coming back to the ride and comfor of a Suburban. Once I got it, I will be hard pressed in the future to get rid of it. I intend to keep it until either it or I fall apart.

Favorite Features

Ease of driving and ride comfort.

Suggested Improvements

I think better driver and front passenger seats for long distance driving would be added value as well as a better setup of the center console.