2003 Chevrolet Suburban 5.3L V8 FFV 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great on Long Trips

2003 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Review

1500 LS 4dr SUV (5.3L V8 FFV 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Great on Long Trips
By DerekW on

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2003 Suburban 1500LT is extremely comfortable on long trips. About 3-4 times a year, I make the 8-hour trip from Indianapolis to Kansas City with my wife and baby (presently 18 months old) to see my folks. There's PLENTY of room for our luggage and all the gear a baby/toddler requires. The aisle between the captain's chairs in the second row make it easy to get to the third row bench -- perfect for diaper changes at questionable rest stops! After 11 months of ownership, I've encountered zero mechanical problems. Let's hope I'm this happy after my extended warranty expires. I love this SUV.

Favorite Features

The power folding exterior mirrors are a must for getting into our tiny garage. The beast wouldn't fit otherwise!

Suggested Improvements

I'd like to see a reverse-assist radar that beeps if you're about to hit the trash cans on the curb. (Or the mailbox, or the kid on the bike, or whatever.) The back of the Suburban is a long, long way from the driver's seat!