Used 2003 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

I love my truck!
By Truckin' in Chicago

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Suburban Z71 when I had my third child. I needed a comfortable 3rd row plus cargo space. I was a bit apprehensive about maneuvering a big SUV after owning a Blazer, but it was no problem. I love the size, the styling and the comfort. The Z71 add ons make it even better looking. I have been thoroughly happy with my truck and would highly recommend it!

Favorite Features

Style, programmable settings for 2 drivers, Bose sound system, size.

Suggested Improvements

The plastic cladding on the exterior isn't my favorite look, but it has saved me some dings on the wheel wells.

Not Bad
By purgetank

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I didn't intend to purchase this vehicle but after a test drive I was sold. The only disappointment was the front end which killed my first set of tires within 20000 miles. After that scene I've been able to really enjoy my Suburban.

Favorite Features

The size of the vehicle compaired to the gas milage is terrific.

Suggested Improvements

Something must be done about the front end. I've looked at many Suburbans and I see the same thing that happened to my tires.

First Time burb'
By burb' lover

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

WOW, What a ride! Upgraded from an Explorer for the room but, got a whole lot more. I love this vehicle. The XM and Bose'sound is incredible for a truck. The kids love the room and the DVD sytem in the back and with the wireless headsets we are all happy!!

Favorite Features

The Auto-ride feature and the sound system are the best. The memory controls for each driver is great also.

Suggested Improvements

Steeringwheel controls for the electronic trip/odometer too time consuming.

I love my suburban !
By mavjoh

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle to commute long distances. It has excellent ease of use cruise control coupled with the smart review view mirror and side mirrors. Visibility and ride characteristics are great in ALL weather conditions, night and day. I have really enjoyed the heated seats during winter weather conditions and love the autoride suspension that smooths the road out, even in rough road conditions. I feel very safe in this car and after my first 10K miles, have had nothing but good performance from this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Power, autoride suspension, intelligent rearview and side mirrors and heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the way in which seats are folded and stowed to provide improved cargo capabilities. Better third seat functionality. Add a slanted foot rest on drivers side for left foot.

Love my SUV
By Cindi B.

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great drive glad Chevy brought the 327 back great speed not afraid to move into traffic excellant visbility.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Rear Wipers on double back doors