2003 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
We Texans Have Loved Suburbans For Years
By JMack on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My version is the Z71. If you have a family and need the space and want comfort and convenience and safety like a Volvo in a larger size, this vehicle is for you. As a native Texan, I have always liked the Suburbans and have been able to appreciate the durability toughness of Chevy trucks forever and this definitely falls into the same category. I upgraded from a Tahoe to the Suburban for the extra space excellent features and styling and could not be more pleased. Warning though,when you get a Suburban, everyone always wants you to drive since you have so much more room for passengers than anything else out there. Highly recommended.

Z71 for the Fam!
By Z71 Fan on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my second Z71 in Oct.2003..dealer demo. What a great deal..sharp, fun to drive...roof, DVD, XM! Love it..

Almost a Great SUV
By JacksWild on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the room, ride height, overall appearance. My first experience with a Suburban - I previously owned an Explorer, and this blows that away!! That being said, I feel there is too much "gear" noise heard in the cabin when in auto 4WD, and I've experienced some popping noise(s) from exhaust when hot. Also, too long warm up period when cold starting.

Dont go Tahoe - Same price Suburban
By cacollies on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The size is wonderful compared to its sister the Tahoe. The only issue I have (since I own one of similar size 94 Full Size Blazer)is you do not have a lot of space for traveling unless you fold down the back seats. The Tahoe is restrictive. Where as the Suburban you have plenty of space without compromise. For the money (Tahoe and Suburban cost about the same ballpark figure)I would highly recommend you choose the Suburban. This is a vehicle you will not outgrow. The truck lasts for years. I see plenty of old 70's and 80's models still going in decent condition. You cant say that about most car models today.

Great Z71
By Rapowitz on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We just bought an 03 Suburban Z71. It's for my wife and she loves the car! We were looking at smaller imports (Touareg & FX35), but for les than those, you get a loaded to the brim full size 7-seater. We added a 10" DVD screen and Garmin navigator and still right at $40K all-in. It drives like a dream and can handle anything. Those imports are very nice, but just not practical if you have small kids like we do. With 2500 on the odometer, no problems at all. Avg 12.5 MPG in the city. If you stay 65-70 MPH (hard to do)on the highway, you get 19 MPG. Bumping it to 75 MPH reduces the MPG to 17 - it's on regular gas though. We love this truck!

2003 suburban (More people per gallon)
By maztec1 on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Fuel milage could be better. But over all this has been a very good truck. No problems to report yet other than a couple of small loose trim concerns on the interior. The dealership service has been top notch. This truck also handles our 29ft. travel trailer with ease, a very stable combination.Also the "on-star" system is a very welcome option is works well.

2003 Suburban LS
By Ourban on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It's been a great vehicle. It's comfortable, and has good power, could be better and get better mileage. Stling is great, and the room is awesome for people and storage.

Love My Suburban
By maureenhj on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We traveled from Florida to Utah to Nevada, all over for 2 weeks and had no problems at all. I feel very safe as far as breaking down.

Love our Suburban
By Derrell Gatlin on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Plenty of room and comfort for all 6 of us and all of our "stuff". Great for loading up for ballgames, outings and vacation.

the best
By ilya on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

this is the best car ever it is comfortable there are so many good words to describe this car.