2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Big, comfortable, reliable, nice driver
By BigDave on 06/04/05 15:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have had four Suburbans since 1995. All of them have been better than the last. The 2003 is by far the nicest and best riding of the four. Ours has everything but DVD and middle captain's seats. We have had no major problems in 44K miles. Several small things were dealt with under warranty, but no big deal. We get fair mielage, about 15, and we are suprised at how fast and powerful this is with a 5.3 motor. With our kids grown and out of the house, we went without a Suburban for 3 months, then decided to get this 2003. Are we happy we got one more.

Excellent Family Value
By Kevin on 04/07/05 08:58 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has to be the best Family value out there. It has everything we need. Gas mileage is bad but the rest of the truck makes up for that. Most importantly is the safety and comfort. I have the 8.1L engine and the truck feels like a race car. I tow a camper and a boat so the engine is a plus. Would have been a good idea to put a diesel in it.

4-wheel Steering is Great!
By amerigo88 on 02/06/05 23:37 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Had the 3/4 ton for 9 months now. Wanted 6.0 liter so ended up with 4-wheel steering and all the toys. It's been great driving all over the Southwest, towing a 6,000 lb trailer and three children. Leather, heated seats, DVD panel for children, 4.1 ratio on rearr axle for towing; it's all good. One complaint is the third row gets jarred when crossing speed bumps. Must be that heavy duty, solid rear axle. WARNING: Take a few weeks to get used to 4-wheel steering, especially before towing. Had an unfortunate accident caused by unfamiliarity. I turned front wheels left, rears went right and shoved trailer into telephone pole while "helping" me turn out faster. $1500

Great Truck
By JR on 01/01/05 19:30 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This Z71 is our first Suburban and everything has been fantastic. 23K miles so far and not a single problem! We tow a large boat and it's up to the task. Gas mileage is same as my 1995 Grand Cherokee 6cyl (combined 13.5 mpg), but highway is around 18- 19. No complaints at all - it's a first class ride.

I love my truck!
By Truckin' in Chicago on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Suburban Z71 when I had my third child. I needed a comfortable 3rd row plus cargo space. I was a bit apprehensive about maneuvering a big SUV after owning a Blazer, but it was no problem. I love the size, the styling and the comfort. The Z71 add ons make it even better looking. I have been thoroughly happy with my truck and would highly recommend it!

Not Bad
By purgetank on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I didn't intend to purchase this vehicle but after a test drive I was sold. The only disappointment was the front end which killed my first set of tires within 20000 miles. After that scene I've been able to really enjoy my Suburban.

First Time burb'
By burb' lover on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

WOW, What a ride! Upgraded from an Explorer for the room but, got a whole lot more. I love this vehicle. The XM and Bose'sound is incredible for a truck. The kids love the room and the DVD sytem in the back and with the wireless headsets we are all happy!!

I love my suburban !
By mavjoh on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle to commute long distances. It has excellent ease of use cruise control coupled with the smart review view mirror and side mirrors. Visibility and ride characteristics are great in ALL weather conditions, night and day. I have really enjoyed the heated seats during winter weather conditions and love the autoride suspension that smooths the road out, even in rough road conditions. I feel very safe in this car and after my first 10K miles, have had nothing but good performance from this vehicle.

Love my SUV
By Cindi B. on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great drive glad Chevy brought the 327 back great speed not afraid to move into traffic excellant visbility.

03 SUBURBAN
By SF49ERFAN on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

EVERYTHING GOOD SO FAR EXCEPT FOR SOME NOISES COMING FROM THE CONSOLE. I GUESS IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE AIR CONDITIONER / HEATER. BESIDES THAT, EVERYTHING'S GREAT.