2003 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: 2003 Z71 4X4

2003 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Review

1500 LS 4dr SUV (5.3L V8 FFV 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

2003 Z71 4X4
By z71 on

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First off, not going to complain about MPG because I knew it when I bought it. 18 hwy, 14 city. 17 hwy with 6 passengers and a weeks worth of luggage. Drives great, like sitting up high. I have the Z71 package, handling is better than expected, parking is easy. We have two minivans as well, 4 kids and the Suburban is the vehicle of choice for long trips - only one that can hold all our luggage. Have the 2nd row captain chairs which makes it easier to access the third row, but not as easy as the minivans. That is the only advantage the minivans have. My wife preferred the minivan because of ease of access, but now she wants a Suburban when we replace hers, probably in 08.

Cargo room behind third seat; center console is the best I've ever had; message center has tons of info; I hear lots of complaints about interior quality but have yet to have anything break (w/ 4 kids!); Bose sound system is great;

Put cruise buttons on steering wheel; Split folding third row seat; flat folding third row seat; waiting for the Duramax diesel, even if it is only offered in the 2500 and cost $5K more! Removable or flatter folding 2nd row - easier to fit a 8'X4' sheet of plywood. Ditch XM and pick up Sirius