2003 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Time to Review
By Bruce Rogers on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned our 1500 LT (w/autoride) for close to two years. We routinely load our car with six people. We have crossed the USA and made several interstate trips. We've driven in snow and off road in the Mojave Desert. We have realized 18 mpg on the highways … not too bad considering much smaller cars (read sport cars) and smaller SUVs get worse. In short, I feel very fortunate to own such a safe and well performing car. One problem, however, was that the sunroof motor had to be replaced. If you are considering a large SUV, you owe it to yourself to experience the Suburban.

Awesome
By Hsw1186 on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great in almost every aspect

Suburban, A fun ride
By sahm3 on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased a Suburban LT recently because we needed a vehicle with towing capabilities, as well as enough room for our three kids, their friends and luggage etc. when we travel. We will be towing a 26ft travel trailer as well as occasionally a boat. We had a Chevy Venture but could not tow with it. We also wanted 4WD so that we can get to work etc. during snow as we live in the North East.

Still glad we bought it after 16k miles
By Lonniegl on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2002 LT w/ Autoride - It's been a year now and 16k miles and we still love the truck. It hasn't required any warranty service. We got the center buckets because we were used to that feature from our minivan. Kids can walk between the seats to get in the back; but you drop to 7 passanger capacity instead of 8. Gets 19mpg on the highway and about 13 around town which is respectable. Minor interior rattles, one notably from a center bucket seatback. Stereo sounds great at high volumes, average at lower volumes. Ride is excellent. Car is quick,drivetrain has been flawless. This is my wifes car and she absolutely loves it.

Ford Traitor - never had a GM product
By X-Expedition on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A great Truck! Of course we purchased our 2001 Suburban for our rescued greyhound who likes to travel. Plenty of room for the way we pack(for a month regardless) and Cutter too! Plus a comfortable ride with my 20ft. Ranger tagging along behind(like it's not even there) when we are filming a local Outdoor TV show. Again, plenty of room for our luggage, cameras, and other gear. Hunting shows are no problem either.... especially in this part of the country where you pack for cool, warm, and cold. Just a great all around truck and I'm getting ready to purchase a 2003.

Everything as promised
By gcmprinter on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle. Almost bought a "new style" Expedition and am glad I didn't. I haven't had a Suburban/Tahoe for over 6 years and GM really has improved.

Second thoughts
By MMasters on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I thought I had fallen in love - it turned out to only be infatuation. The troubles I've had with rattles and loose trim pieces falling off makes me question the long term reliability of this vehicle.

The Best One Yet
By JGS on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 2003 is the fourth Suburban we have owned, and the third body style. We have always had pretty good luck, and we still own the last one, a 1994 with 158,000 miles. This is a great highway vehicle, it's tight and very nimble for it's size. Wouldn't think about another vehicle for towing the ski boat. We started buying them as family vehicles 20 years ago with 2 baby seats in the second seat, but we are now empty nesters (except for the Lab)and have bought another. We are fans.

Great SUV -Z71!
By Pasta on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great SUV! If you're looking for a family vechicle and don't want to be Minivan person...this is the SUV for you...not great on gas...not bad either considering the size and the power...on long trip I average 17 mpg...naturally slightly over the posted speed, though if you stay at 65 mpg or below the consumption improves to about 20 mpg. Overall, if you undecided and want my advice...GO FOR IT!

Exhaust noises
By round top on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After hot engine shut down vehicle has loud and prounced bangs coming from exhaust system. During cold start up a loud and prounced poping noise is heard from the exhaust system. When vehicle is driven at highway speeds of 60 and above the droning noise in the cabin is prounced and over powering. I believe GM has a definite problem with the exhauts systems on the 2003 suburbans. There is a bulitan out concerning the poping noise. GM has a superfical fix? for it. HA? Lets hear about your experiences.