2003 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
NEW Z71
By msr on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Less than 1,000 miles on a new Z71, and I am really happy with it so far. It drives like a sedan, with the same comfort. I had a Durango and it handled like a truck. The Chevy is 100 times better in that department.

Good Choice
By crazybin on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Suburban handles like a car. After driving many of the other full size SUV's, we were pleasantly suprised to come across the Suburban. The roomy interior and room in the back makes all the difference for large families.

Suburban - don't go there
By jwagnerfamliy on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Our Suburban has been a relibility nightmare. It ALWAYS breaks down on family vacations, most recently in the middle of the Mohave desert. For such an expensive vehicle I'd expect better quality. My advice is never buy any GM product especially Suburban. I'm dumping my Suburban and buying a Toyota Sequoia.

2003 Suburban
By Joebas on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have only had this suv for one whole week, and I like it very much at this point. The most amazing thing to me is how smooth the ride is for such a lare truck. I also like the sharp, and sweet look of this truck.

Love this car!
By bugsea on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love everything about this car. It drives beautifully,very smooth ride and tight turning radius. Everyone that sees the inside says ohh and ahh. Originally thought about the Seqouia and although the exterior of that car is great, the interior looks positively cheap. Not something you expect from Toyota. The Suburban is luxory and practicality. The only thing that would change my mind is to see how long it will last. So far, 7,000 miles and two oil changes. I would like to keep it at least 6 years.

Finally, the ultimate family mobile!!
By tpenny on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you are looking for the ultimate 4WD, family adventure wagon, the Z71 is the only way to go. It is really fun to drive and provides excellent comfort with a very smooth ride (better than the 4WD LT version we also test drove). Gas mileage isn't great, but it gets the same fuel economy as my V8 explorer. I would highly recommend you at least test drive the Z71 if you are in the market for high end minivan or SUV. You won't regret it.

suburban
By cape119 on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

love my truck easy to handle lots of storage wish i had gotten leather seats

Fantastic
By R1Ryder on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is truly the king of the road. I use it to tow my two race bikes and for family trips. I love the bose system and onstar. I added my own dvd entertainment system with two 7" monitors in the headrest and one in the dash. A great suv for the buck.

best car ever
By suburbanlover on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

excellent car, fits all your kids and their friends, plus a powerfull engine, leather seating and double a/C

Bigger is Better
By dyckvk on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We just moved up from a '98 JGC because of newly planned camping trips across the US with our coleman camper. The mid-sized SUVs we'd been considering nolonger fit our family and towing capacity needs. We've only had the Suburban for 2 months, but already wonder if we could ever own anything else. Recent trip from Lansing, MI to Savannah, GA was a breeze. Worst thing about the vehicle is that everyone now wants me to drive.