Used 2003 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

the best
By ilya

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

this is the best car ever it is comfortable there are so many good words to describe this car.

"I Love My Z71 Burban"
By Pink

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My sister asked us to find her a Suburban. Once we realized that this would fit our needs we bought one. Up until we purchased our Z71 I have been a sport coupe advocate. After taking the Z71 on two trips, I will never own another car. It is comfortable, safe and stable with plenty of room for all of our luggage, a 90 pound chocolate lab and will tow the camper we plan to purchase.

Favorite Features

Towing capacity, Z71 sporty looks, comfort and safety.

Suggested Improvements

Third row seating to fold flat. Gas mileage.

Great on Long Trips
By DerekW

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2003 Suburban 1500LT is extremely comfortable on long trips. About 3-4 times a year, I make the 8-hour trip from Indianapolis to Kansas City with my wife and baby (presently 18 months old) to see my folks. There's PLENTY of room for our luggage and all the gear a baby/toddler requires. The aisle between the captain's chairs in the second row make it easy to get to the third row bench -- perfect for diaper changes at questionable rest stops! After 11 months of ownership, I've encountered zero mechanical problems. Let's hope I'm this happy after my extended warranty expires. I love this SUV.

Favorite Features

The power folding exterior mirrors are a must for getting into our tiny garage. The beast wouldn't fit otherwise!

Suggested Improvements

I'd like to see a reverse-assist radar that beeps if you're about to hit the trash cans on the curb. (Or the mailbox, or the kid on the bike, or whatever.) The back of the Suburban is a long, long way from the driver's seat!

The best vehicle of all
By lees

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm on my 3rd 4WD Suburban. I love the security of its size and weight (can withstand quite an impact with little or no injury to passengers), its high seating (so I can see traffic ahead) its reliability, its adaptability, and all the creature comforts. I have absolutely no trouble maneuvering it into parking spaces or in traffic (it just takes a little practice at the outset). I have driven smaller cars (compact to luxury) and never felt as safe or secure as in my Suburban.

Favorite Features

Onstar system, Bose sound system, satellite radio, independent sound system (by headphone) in the middle/rear seat, size (seating and cargo), 4WD (I'm never stuck anywhere), security system,luxury appointments

Suggested Improvements

I wish they would make the diesel model again....a lighted match thrown into a bucket of diesel is extinguished!

Very Good Truck Value
By WAYNE HAMMOND

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice truck. For a truck this size, it is actually fun to drive. Very comfortable and I havealways know Chevy to be reliable and affordalbe to keep on the road.

Favorite Features

Practicality of the truck. Work, play, and on the town

Suggested Improvements

Make beter use of space and improve materials used on the interior. Make the exterior mirrors power fold