2003 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Happy to be Safe
By Just a Mom on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We went from a small foreign SUV to this. It is a new world! We love it! We may be driving our kids' college education but it is worth the money. The leather seats are terrific and the ride is unbeatable. Most of all, we just feel as though our family is safe rising in it.

Suburban
By Cindy E. Martlock on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this vehicle.

BIGGER IS BETTER
By COACH on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I WENT FROM EXPLORER TO EXPEDITION TO A YUKON XL THE EXCURSION WAS TO BIG AND A GAS HOG THE TURNING RADIUS IS UNBELIVEABLE AND I'M GETTING CLOSE TO THE SAME GAS MILAGE AS THE EXPLORER 5.0 AND TOWS MY 22" BOAT LIKE IT'S A JET SKI MY WIFE LOVES DRIVING IT MY GOLF BUDDYS LOVE IT AND I WILL BUY ANOTHER ONE

I Luv my SUB-Z
By Tony Cardi on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

So far, there hasn't been anything that I don't Luv about my SUB Z-71, except the gas mileage of course. But that's a small price to pay for the best all- round, largest, coolest SUV on the road today. Highly Recommended and AMERICAN MADE!

2003 suburban
By Stephen Bretton on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Good stabilty on highway no floating or drifting with new susspension gas milage has been a good surprize overall quality has been great except for cheep plastic controls and buttons in interior

The Ultimate Family Vehicle
By shieatt on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

For a big family, this is the only vehicle that does it all well and looks good doing it. Unless you are willing to drive an Excursion, no other vehicle offers comfortable room for 6 people AND space for cargo. The new Toyota Sienna comes close, but not quite - and not half as good looking. Gas mileage of minivans is only marginally better than Suburban, which will average 18 MPG highway. We're impressed with the smooth ride, the handling and the ease of driving this big vehicle. And nothing offers the entertainment and communications options of Suburban - OnStar, XM Radio, DVD player, separate rear seat audio controls, in-dash 6 disc CD, etc.

Great Truck
By Charlie711 on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been happy with the truck. If you have kids, I would recommend the center bucket seats. This allows greater access to the third row of seats.

Excellent Large Family Vehicle
By nichoman on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We've had our Suburban for almost a year...including a 3,000 mile vacation trip. With a family of 6...we all agree it is the most comfortable vehicle we've ever driven. The back has plenty of room for storage when taking kids to/from activities and hauling gear (like attending sporting events and carrying the kids equipment). So far...we've had no problems with vehicle. Highly recommended for someone hauling lots of people and stuff. Very reasonable price for what we got.

Movin on up
By Urban Burban on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We buy our cars to last, not turn in every two years. I traded in my Sable and kept my wifes '94 Jeep Gran Cherokee. The Surburban is much more refined, tight,and equiped over the Jeep, not to mention over all quality and feeling of quality. The truck has run like a champ if this holds to be true we will keep it for at least 10 years. I would like better gas mileage but it is hard to complain about 18 mpg with this size vehicle.

2003 Z71
By mj173 on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great choice! went with the 03 Z71 after a Chevy WB Venture. I we took a black one on the lot over a white. Only things missing were the heated seats:( It had the sunroof so we had the dealer install the DVD right behind it, no problems. Room for 7 with the second row buckets. Once put 15 sheets of drywall in the back and only folded the seats down! We did not get much snow this year so I might have tio ry to find some mud!!