Used 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS SUV Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

2003 Chevy Suburban LT 2WD F
By Easyserve

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle was purchased off lease in 2006 with 35,000 miles and aside from tires brakes engine oil & transmission oil changes this Suburban has had very little repairs needed - with 1 instrument cluster(dashboard display of speed, fule, temp, volt & tach) and 2 water pumps in the duration of ownership through present day with having now 191,000 miles - still on original drive train. Never really babied the thing as I have been running I-95 up and down the coast many of times as it is a pleasure to drive - even with a full load in back, 5 people seated comfortable and trailering with full load. The only modifications I have made to the truck was a K&N intake kit and Gibson Exhaust for added HP. My only wish list for this vehicle is a 4WD version. It will be a sad day if I have to part with the vehicle.

2003 Chevy Surburban LT
By mrwholesaler

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

GREAT CAR!!!! I love this truck, it runs out awesome.
I have been a auto wholesaler for over 17 yrs and never owned such a wonderful truck.
We have owned this truck for over 4 years and its running smooth with 150k on it.
I replaced the water pump, fuel pump and alternator that's it.
We drive to NJ from Florida three times a year with a family of five and its the best.
So comfortable on long trips.. Its great on fuel if I keep it at 75mph it will do 17mpg in the city 15mpg with the big chrome wheels..
I will never buy any other suv again unless its a Suburban. Wish they had a diesel

Seats, Bose

fuel mpg

Great Suv
By jgot

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our 2003 ls suburban after dumping our horrible 1996 Ford Windstar van. The suburban had about 30k miles on it. It now has 120k miles on it and we have had no major problems with the vehicle at all. We love this truck. The gas milage is actually not bad we get around 18mpg.

Interior looks cheap.

Perfect SUV
By Perfect SUV

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We just bought a 2003 Suburban LT, and this has got to be the perfect SUV! We traded a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan for this truck, and we are so pleased with this Suv. It has 70,000 miles on it, and runs like brand new. The turning radius is excellent, the 5.3 vortec V8 is extremely strong, and rides very nice. Ours has 4 bucket seats and a 3rd row bench seat, and it can seat 7 adults very comfortably. It also has a very large cargo area in the rear to hold all of the kids stuff. I also have a 99 Chevy Z71 Truck with 170,000 miles on it, so I know how dependable and reliable Chevy trucks are. I am so glad to have my wife and 3 kiddos in a big, strong, dependable truck. We all love it.!

Leather, DVD player, so much interior space, Extremely Comfortable, strong 5.3 Vortec V8, Tow/Haul mode, Gets really good gas mileage considering the bulk of this SUV. We do around 99% city driving and average 15.5 to 16.9 MPG. That's real good when you think about this big SUV.

I just wish that Chevy and GMC would advertise more often. It seems like everytime you turn on the TV all you see is Ford or Toyota commercials. I've driven Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Toyota, and Jeeps, and I rank Chevy/GMC at the very top. They are simply the best in reliability, and gas mileage.

SoSo
By Rob

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After only two years I had to replace the transmission. Very unhappy about this. Warranty covered transmission but had to pay for three days of a rental car and towing expenses. Don't think I will purchase another.

Very roomy.

Needs to be more mechanically reliable.