2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
The Best Generation of Burb Yet...a JOY
By corpstothecore on 09/17/12 21:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We owned a í03 1500 LT Sub for five years before finally upgrading to a 2500 same year color (White). The first huge difference is the ĺ tonís rear leaf springs which really smooth out the worst part of I-40 at Yukon, OKÖblop-blop-blop-blop-blop all the way in most truck with coil springs in all four, but not the case with the beefy beast. Handling is a dream with hardly any body role, which is remarkable for such a huge high sitting comfort ride. New vehicles are still advertising amenities as something special which these GM trucks have offered for over a decade! Itís a true luxury go anywhere ultra-comfort ride that puts a smile on faces and is fun as well as a joy to drive off-road &...

The best in large SUVs
By quickjack on 09/01/12 04:58 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had my Suburban for 2 years, and during that time racked up 25,000 miles without issue. Aside from being one of the most reliable vehicles I have had, it was also the most comfortable, more so than my Jaguar or Cadillac. I averaged 15 mpg city and 19 highway. I used it as a tow vehicle at times, where it pulled a 4000lb car plus trailer without breaking a sweat, even managing 14 mpg on the freeway doing it. The big truck was deceptively easy to drive, even in the worst of weather. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a large people mover.

2003 Chevy Surburban LT
By mrwholesaler on 10/29/11 15:33 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

GREAT CAR!!!! I love this truck, it runs out awesome. I have been a auto wholesaler for over 17 yrs and never owned such a wonderful truck. We have owned this truck for over 4 years and its running smooth with 150k on it. I replaced the water pump, fuel pump and alternator that's it. We drive to NJ from Florida three times a year with a family of five and its the best. So comfortable on long trips.. Its great on fuel if I keep it at 75mph it will do 17mpg in the city 15mpg with the big chrome wheels.. I will never buy any other suv again unless its a Suburban. Wish they had a diesel

Great Suv
By jgot on 07/10/11 01:29 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our 2003 ls suburban after dumping our horrible 1996 Ford Windstar van. The suburban had about 30k miles on it. It now has 120k miles on it and we have had no major problems with the vehicle at all. We love this truck. The gas milage is actually not bad we get around 18mpg.

American Beauty
By David on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our 2003 Sub LT new in 2003. 130,000 miles later still going strong. GM has a real winner with this truck, and the LT has all the creature comforts for the long rides to the beach or skiing (and running around town). Some drama along the way: Seat memories early on, AC failure around 50K, fuel tank sender issues but darn thing is so much fun to have around we have kept her even after the family has grown up. My wife now drives a Lexus RX (and all her friends too) but I can't let this gem go.

I Used to Love This Truck!
By Nikki on 07/07/10 06:03 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck brand new in 2003. I love the interior space of this truck. Now, in 2010, the truck has 128,000 miles. Can't remember all the repairs I had done on truck. Most repairs was covered under warranty. When truck went out of warranty more problems increased. Now truck loses power while being driven (so dangerous), Front A/C control blows only on max, passenger airbag needs to be serviced. Took truck to Chevy dealership and they can't find the problem with any of the things I just listed. Got to keep 1/4 or more of gas in tank or car won't start. Wish I'd known to keep truck until warranty ran out & then purchased another SUV. However, I will really miss this truck. :(

Great vehicle
By rob on 06/08/10 14:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very roomy for a family of 7. Great for long trips with the DVD system and interior comfort. Tons of storage space..for a family of 7. Gas mileage is excellent for the vehicle size we averaged 14.7 over the first several years. Powerful engine that can handle mountainous roads with ease.

Workhorse
By Troy S on 05/22/10 15:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our LT brand new and now have 137k miles on it. Still runs great and we have had very few problems. We have replaced the water pump and brakes and the rear AC drain got clogged and flooded the back. Have experienced some electrical gremlins too but our LT has had a propensity to heal itself! The engine is strong and doesn't burn oil (we have maintained it well) and it is still tight after 137k miles. Leather seats are showing their age, but also have four kids! I expect that we will start having repairs based on miles and age, but knock on wood - so far so good. This is third Suburban - my dad drives a 99 with almost 200k on it.

Mama's Beast
By CopperNcorn on 04/01/10 03:26 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this maxed out LT with about 15,000 miles, now has 99,000. Tows 30- foot travel trailer easily with 6.0L gas V-8. The 4-wheel steering is handy, but don't use Burb much now as am worried about costly repairs and it gets 12mpg, maybe 15mpg on long trips, 12mpg on long trips with the trailer. I can't believe the depreciation, especially when gas hit $4 per gallon - terrifying. Will drive it until the wheels fall off. Wife loves her Burb, but it's so costly to operate. Probably logging less than 5,000 miles per year now.

2500 8.1
By mikesbrunn on 01/02/10 09:40 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have just passed 96000. miles. The only maintanence has been oil and trans fluids. I have never even had the brakes done. I use this to tow a 24 ft box trailer with an antique car, weight is 11,000 lbs. We have been thru the Rocky Mt 3 times and this truck pulls effortly. I would buy a new one but no 8 liters are made anymore.