2003 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
2003 Chevy Surburban LT
By mrwholesaler on 10/29/11 15:33 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

GREAT CAR!!!! I love this truck, it runs out awesome. I have been a auto wholesaler for over 17 yrs and never owned such a wonderful truck. We have owned this truck for over 4 years and its running smooth with 150k on it. I replaced the water pump, fuel pump and alternator that's it. We drive to NJ from Florida three times a year with a family of five and its the best. So comfortable on long trips.. Its great on fuel if I keep it at 75mph it will do 17mpg in the city 15mpg with the big chrome wheels.. I will never buy any other suv again unless its a Suburban. Wish they had a diesel

Great Suv
By jgot on 07/10/11 01:29 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our 2003 ls suburban after dumping our horrible 1996 Ford Windstar van. The suburban had about 30k miles on it. It now has 120k miles on it and we have had no major problems with the vehicle at all. We love this truck. The gas milage is actually not bad we get around 18mpg.

Perfect SUV
By Perfect SUV on 09/17/07 14:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We just bought a 2003 Suburban LT, and this has got to be the perfect SUV! We traded a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan for this truck, and we are so pleased with this Suv. It has 70,000 miles on it, and runs like brand new. The turning radius is excellent, the 5.3 vortec V8 is extremely strong, and rides very nice. Ours has 4 bucket seats and a 3rd row bench seat, and it can seat 7 adults very comfortably. It also has a very large cargo area in the rear to hold all of the kids stuff. I also have a 99 Chevy Z71 Truck with 170,000 miles on it, so I know how dependable and reliable Chevy trucks are. I am so glad to have my wife and 3 kiddos in a big, strong, dependable truck. We all love it.!

SoSo
By Rob on 07/30/05 15:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After only two years I had to replace the transmission. Very unhappy about this. Warranty covered transmission but had to pay for three days of a rental car and towing expenses. Don't think I will purchase another.

Not Bad
By purgetank on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I didn't intend to purchase this vehicle but after a test drive I was sold. The only disappointment was the front end which killed my first set of tires within 20000 miles. After that scene I've been able to really enjoy my Suburban.

03 SUBURBAN
By SF49ERFAN on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

EVERYTHING GOOD SO FAR EXCEPT FOR SOME NOISES COMING FROM THE CONSOLE. I GUESS IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE AIR CONDITIONER / HEATER. BESIDES THAT, EVERYTHING'S GREAT.

Z71 for the Fam!
By Z71 Fan on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my second Z71 in Oct.2003..dealer demo. What a great deal..sharp, fun to drive...roof, DVD, XM! Love it..

Love our Suburban
By Derrell Gatlin on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Plenty of room and comfort for all 6 of us and all of our "stuff". Great for loading up for ballgames, outings and vacation.

Very Good Truck Value
By WAYNE HAMMOND on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice truck. For a truck this size, it is actually fun to drive. Very comfortable and I havealways know Chevy to be reliable and affordalbe to keep on the road.

The Best
By Michael Holley on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

"The Best!" It is the best all around SUV on the market. More truck for the money and there really is no other SUV that compares in room.