2002 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: You get what you pay for

2002 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Review

You get what you pay for
By KEITH on

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has the z71 suspension, towing package, interior upgrades. I have not driven a full sized SUV that has driving this well. The rear locking differential is a wonderful feature to augment 4 wheel performance. A heavy vehicle for steep descents on ice. Itís imperative to know how to drive a vehicle in icy conditions when traversing this much weight. Comfort level is very high on and off road. Fuel usage is not overcome by the great power band of the motor - it still hurts to fill it up. Small price for the safety of my passengers. This vehicle is not to be compared to car based SUV's. Don't lift the suspension of this truck it becomes top heavy and loses its solid stance.

Favorite Features

The kids like the DVD player. I like the suspension, space in back, third seat and engine power. I also like the heating and cooling controls it allows for the interior to have different comfort levels throughout the truck.

Suggested Improvements

When I read reviews I notice the scores go down as the models go toward basic models. Clearly, the z71 suspension is key to enjoying this vehicle. The upgraded interior is very nice and I would not want to have something other than power leather seats. Required 4-wheel drive, towing package.