2002 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: Convinced

2002 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Review

1500 LS 4dr SUV (5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic)

By kle361 on

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was disappointed to buy the 2WD but price range dictated. Didn't really want anything this large, but had twins on the way, and it was the only vehicle large enough to fit my double- stroller without it toppling out on me. With 4 older kids, space for cargo was definitely a concern, too. Bought vehicle used with about 40K. Added 17" offroad tires, really made a difference in handling. Put over 50K on it in the year that I owned it, and the only issue I had was the a/c went out at about 110K miles. Loved the ride and the roominess. Several TX to FL trips were comfortable, even with 6 kids along! Will always buy Suburbans if I can afford it!

Heated seats, lumbar control, roomy interior, leather, roomy cargo, dual a/c, second row headphones so kids could listen to CD while I listened to the radio... just about everything about the vehicle!

Gas mileage... but I knew it going in. I still got about the same mileage as my husband got in his 2005 Chevy truck! Would have liked backup sensors.