Used 2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Suburban Review
By Bruce Sullivan

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great! I use it to haul my family and to tow a camper. Outstanding power, comfort, and extemely reliable.

Heated seats and rear airconditioning controls.

Love my 'Burb
By ddb

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 2002 Suburban has been an excellent ride. 90% of miles are on major, crowded, dangerous interstate. Car has held up very well w/almost no maintenance needs. Super comfortable. What I pay in gas is made up for in safety and comfort. It's the best car I've ever had.

Best-riding car. Great A/C - a major issue in Texas heat. Car has good get- up-and-go on the interstate, given it's size.

Everything drops in the holes created between the driver/front passenger seat and the middle storage department. I end up searching under the seat all the time. Only other issue is no locking compartment inside the car.

The Burb
By Burber

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It's been great with the exception of having to replace the catalytic converter which cost a few bucks! Sufficient power, drives smaller than it is, very quiet.

Size, comfort

One touch closing moonroof, better interior materials for a 40K vehicle.

No minivan for us.
By Lee

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We upgrade to the Suburban from a Dodge Ram due to our expanding family. We first test drove the Tahoe and then the Suburban. The Tahoe felt like it had too much sway, the Suburban was more "with the road". We were also sold on the massive amount of room behind the 3rd seat. After the warranty expired we discovered that the intermitent wipers were not working correctly and the intermediate steering arm needs to be replaced. The steering arm was said to be a common problem by our dealership, but one we would have to pay for. Same with the wipers. The only other concern I have is the side of the driver's seat is starting to tear.

Cavernous room. Comfortable, programable, and heated seats. Sound system rocks. Good fuel mileage for its size. Interior layout and exterior styling. Plenty of compartments and decent cup holders.

Offer factory recalls for my problems. Better seat construction for durability. Rear wiper needs to wipe more of the rear window. One of the grease fittings is a pain to get at - must turn the steering wheel which is a pain when its up on ramps.

Great Family Truckster
By sub-lover

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great car for the family. Good power. My wife thought it would be hard to drive, but quickly fell in love with it. She really doesn't have any trouble parking or driving it. Tows my boat very well too!

Second row bucket seats. Power and driveline.

Better leather quality.