2002 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Seems to be the best of the bunch
By SanDiegord on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the vehicle to have if you have a family. This thing seats everyone very comfortably. It rides like a Cadillac. I wish they would make the 3rd row seat a little more handier to remove and/or fold down, but not at the expense of the comfort of those that ride back there. If you want room and comfort, this is the one to get.

Its a MUST have!
By Paul Merritt on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best buy I have ever made. The family is safe! I love to drive it. Comfort, reliable and looks Great!

Dream come true.
By bcqvette on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

For more than 4 years I have wanted to get one. Now I did and I can not imagine buying anything else. It was worth the wait. Interior is great, sound system rocks, power everything. I feel my family is totally safe when we travel now. I just wish I had dumped the mini van earlier. I will never go back to them.

2002 Z71 Suburban
By Z71 on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

There is no better looking Suburban then the Z71. The ride is not that much stiffer the the LS & LT.

My Z71 Suburban
By Schredder on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really like my new Z71. The looks are super and everything is well thought out and the build quality seems excellent..........at least compared to the poorly built new TrailBlazer. Give us bigger engines !!

fast
By warzonectx on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i got a dayley rented Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT. It has 33000 mi on it. it was $33,998. It has Leather Seats!Sunroof!285 Horsepower!4 Wheel Drive. and more! i looked at the Tahoe and it needs more room in the back. for stuff.

Chevy Suburban
By kholston on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned 3 Suburbans and I can truely say a use my vehicle. I have had very few problems with my Suburban. I do adhere to the maintainence schedule that is suggested by the Dealer/manufacturer. I have gotten as high as 21 mpg, most of the miles on my vehicle are highway. I love my truck!

Chevy hits a home run
By Jack Kasper on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my wife a new 02 Suburban for Mothers Day and traded in our 95. WOW. What a remarkable difference! I never dreamed GM could improve this much over the comfort and utility of the previous model. I owned 5 Toyotas before buying my first Suburban and now I am convinced that General Motors is sending a message back to Japan. America can build a sport utility vehicle better than they can and do it for less money. The Japanese have gone nuts over what the public will pay for their product primarily based on perceived value. Do yourself a favor and buy the Suburban, enjoy the space and save yourself some money!

Z71 Suburban
By Glock08 on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Z71 package will have people asking- what "kind" of Chevy are you driving? It's a cross between a luxury car, mini-van, and an off-road 4x4. What else could you ask for? Love the OnStar too.

A Real Disappointment
By BHK on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have never had a car with more problems than the Suburban. In 3 years, we have replaced a transmission, power steering (twice), speed sensor, manifold gasket (the list goes on and on). It is amazing that in 40+ years of making this car, it still has so many shortcomings. And, by the way, don't believe the mileage estimates -- you'll get 12mpg if you are lucky!