Used 2002 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

High Quality Large SUV
By kge

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We drive a lot. First Suburban we've owned, and won't be the last. Avg 19 mpg hwy and 16 city in over 100,000 miles. The only mechanical failure was the catalytic converter stopped up after 80,000. Took 3 weeks for the experts to figure the problem. If it were not for that, I'd give this truck all 10's. Acres of space, smooth ride. We owned 2 Windstar vans previously and this truck is far better in looks, driveablility, and maintainence. The vans were better on gas though.

Size, ride, and easy handling.

Great Vehicle
By Carl

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is, by far, the best SUV I've owned. It blows away the competition, if there is any. We bought the vehicle used and have had not one major issue with it. It's reliable and rugged. I would not trade it for anything. Well, maybe a new one after 250,000 miles!

Exterior design. Comfort for nine. Rear air conditioning. Quiet ride and flex fuel engine.

None.

Great all around family car
By austin

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned my Suburban for 2 years. It's a truly great vehicle for hauling the family around. The gas mileage is around 15 city/18 highway. Chevy has come along way with the Suburbans. I had to replace the A/C at 50k miles, I have a 100k warranty, so it wasn't too bad.

Engine power. 5 captain's chairs. Auto A/C front and back. Good radio sound. Great turning radius.

Radio controls on the steering wheel would have been nice. Otherwise, it's close to perfect!

What a boat
By Mark

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am a fairly young driver(21) and I am hard on my vehicles, previously owning a Scion xB and a Honda S2000. This domestic has truly surprised me on how reliable and amazing to drive. I have taken my truck through miles and miles of snow and on a regular basis a good 2 feet of water (Through a part of a river close to home). I have yet to have any major service, only an A/C belt and oil/fluids that I can change myself. I go on trips almost every weekend with at least 6 people each time. I love the room and with a programmer this thing is like a giant rocket.

Space! Big comfy seats, and more than enough power.

More ground clearance, more agressive wheel/tire option.

Satisfied owner
By steve

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle has been completely trouble free for 100,000 miles. Very solid and stable at high speeds has held up real well as a vehicle used for kids sports and to towing my boat. I will be buying a new one in the fall. Just the most vehicle for the money in the market.

The space with the second row of captain chairs and the great space in the back.

Auto lift back door and maybe hybird.