2002 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Great comfort and power
By jem on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A strong,comfortable, and sure footed vehicle. My wife will settle for nothing but another suburban. She loves the heated seats and lots of room to haul gear. Plenty of power for our towing needs. Much better turning radius than the earlier models.

FANTASTIC VEHICLE
By SVEN on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

NOT MUCH TO SAY OTHER THAN THIS IS A GREAT TRUCK. VERY SMOOTH AND POWERFUL AND GREAT AT HAULING PEOPLE AND GEAR. MY MILAGE IS BETTER THAN 17 ON HIGHWAY, AND I MOVE. EVEN IN CITY I'VE NEVER GOTTEN BELOW 15. I CARRY FOUR TO EIGHT PEOPLE OFTEN AND LOTS OF GEAR. NEVER A SINGLE PROBLEM, NOR A SINGLE BLEMISH. PAINT STILL LOOKS NEW. HAULS TRAILER WITH NARY A WHIMPER (I PASSED MANY CARS GOING UP MOUNTAIN GRADES WHILE PULLING A CAMPER -- AND GOT 17

GM bulit this one right
By Bob64GTO on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've now put on 6k. At 21k the stock Firestone tires were cupping already so the dealer put on Michelin LT M&S to close the deal. Very smooth ride and great traction. The solid command of the road is awesome! Love the steering compared to driving a front wheel drive van. No more pull! Last 2 tanks of gas got 16.4 mpg which I'm happy with. With bench seats all around the versatility for our family of 5 is great. Mom even enjoys the 40/20/40 front seat moving over close when we go out, haven't done that for 20 yrs! Kids say they like it better than our old conversion van after installing a 10.4' video system.

suburban driving
By luis castillo on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

suburban's definitely the best,i'm really satisfied the way GM built this ute's. In 2 years that i have this SUV nothing but fun driving it specially on a long drive. The way the engine perform and the handling are truly awesome.

2002 Suburban Z-71
By showmy on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is like driving your family room down the interstate. Comfortable and great engine with plenty of power. Z-71 looks great and stiffer suspension prevents back-end from "wallowing" at hi-speeds as some of the other larger SUV's do. Plenty of room for adults in all rows. We use the On-Star system a lot...great feature. Tows excellent. Consider the rear buckets as an option is you have small children and don't mind loosing the extra seat. This makes it easy to get into the back while traveling.

Love my Z71
By Waveho on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Upgraded from a Mountaineer with child #2 on the way. Roomier than the Expedition, with a great 3rd row, and lots of cargo room without even putting up the 3rd row. Opt for the 2nd row capt's chairs so that it is easy to reach the last row. Lousy on gas, but really not much worse than the V8 in my Mountaineer. Can't beat the comfort for the long trips.

No brainer
By carzilla on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We sold our '00 Honda Odyssey after #3 son came along as it was just too small. I choose this vehicle through a process of elimination and was quite pleased to find that it drives better, is quieter and is more comfortable than the minivan in every way. If you need something this big I highly recommend it. There are really no good alternatives for 3+ kids to ride in comfort and safety. Please don't put your children in rear facing wagon seats (Mercedes, Volvo, etc) which are in a crumple zone.

This is it!
By Donte' on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased my Surburban abotu a month ago and I love it. I was a little disappointed with the 2-wheel drive feature but I realized that I do not live in the mountains and I do not plan to plow any snow anytime soon. This SUV is unreal, it has a smooth ride like my friend's Lexus. (not quite, but you get the point) If you have the chance, get one.

Needs a few minor changes!!!
By ccpchevy on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have had very trubs with this vehicle!! A great vehicle, great cargo space, good seating for the entire family.

Saved me in a crash
By daveNC on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning my '02 Suburban for only six months, I nearly totalled it when another car accidentally forced me off the road into a tree head-on (frontal- offset, driver's side). While the front of the truck was pretty much destroyed, I was able to hop out of it without even a scratch. It's a great truck. With four kids, you can be sure I'll be getting an '03 -- it's comfortable AND safe.