Used 2002 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Burb
By Barry

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I drive Ford trucks at work and this SUV blows Ford out of the water! I love it! Chevy's got me hooked. My F250 needs about 4 lanes to do a u-turn. My Burb needs like a two lane road and my outside tire will barely be off the road. It is so much more comfortable than the Fords. We test drove Expeditions and the Burb was no comparison

Smooth, comfortable, reliable
By WCS

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 2002 Z71 Suburban is great for carrying several people and all their stuff. The third seat is reasonable for adults of medium height. Plenty of power for hill climbing, even when fully loaded with people, camping gear and bicycles on the hitch rack. Never runs hot. Good air conditioning, heater, seat heater, stereo, fornt powerseats. Very comfortable backseat for passengers of all ages and heights.

Easy to drive, smooth on the road, comfortable and good visibility for driver and all passengers. Holds anything. Good roofrack. Replaced fuel pump at 111,000 miles and a third member during the extended warranty (maybe 60,000) and shocks at 75,000. Bilsteins ride well. Excellent radio.

13-16 mpg, mostly 14-15. Hard to park. Ipod input. Bluetooth cell phone connection. GPS.

High Quality Large SUV
By kge

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We drive a lot. First Suburban we've owned, and won't be the last. Avg 19 mpg hwy and 16 city in over 100,000 miles. The only mechanical failure was the catalytic converter stopped up after 80,000. Took 3 weeks for the experts to figure the problem. If it were not for that, I'd give this truck all 10's. Acres of space, smooth ride. We owned 2 Windstar vans previously and this truck is far better in looks, driveablility, and maintainence. The vans were better on gas though.

Size, ride, and easy handling.

Great Vehicle
By Carl

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is, by far, the best SUV I've owned. It blows away the competition, if there is any. We bought the vehicle used and have had not one major issue with it. It's reliable and rugged. I would not trade it for anything. Well, maybe a new one after 250,000 miles!

Exterior design. Comfort for nine. Rear air conditioning. Quiet ride and flex fuel engine.

None.

Great all around family car
By austin

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned my Suburban for 2 years. It's a truly great vehicle for hauling the family around. The gas mileage is around 15 city/18 highway. Chevy has come along way with the Suburbans. I had to replace the A/C at 50k miles, I have a 100k warranty, so it wasn't too bad.

Engine power. 5 captain's chairs. Auto A/C front and back. Good radio sound. Great turning radius.

Radio controls on the steering wheel would have been nice. Otherwise, it's close to perfect!