2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
My Burb
By jerryditty on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It is the best towing truck I have ever had.

Lemon
By orangeavalon on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have spent alot of money keeping this on the road and running.

Sure surprised me!
By saukuf on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have never been a GM fan. I owned an Expedition prior to buying the Suburban. The 'Burb is by far the better vehicle. I have had a great experience with this vehicle. Runs great, spacious, comfortable, drives well. I have 4 growing kids and there is plenty of room.

Second time around
By CindyJ on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This my second Suburban, having owned a 1999 LT. The bucket seats in the center row make getting in and out of the back seat very easy, especially for children. Third row folds and locks into place. We take it on long trips and are quite comfortable. Rides great for a truck.

the suburban stinks
By kellie on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but problems with my suburban.... from the breaks squeaking (which was never resolved, gmac's answer to that was 'sorry, it's just how the mettallic break pads work - there's nothing we can do'), to fluid leaks (steering and air conditioning)to having the seats warped- all within only two years of owning it! I will never purchase a chevy again and I suggest you don't either - at least not the suburban

White LT 4x4
By Mhardison on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our Sub after a minivan and station wagon. Nothing compares to it. It has great room to fit the family very comfortably. I love this truck. We bought it with 12k miles on it and have had no major problems. Fuel economy is decent considering the mass you are driving. We get 16-17 mpg on open road, and 11-12 around town. It is very capable in wintry weather, very stable and confidence inspiring. Auto 4x4 works great.

a
By David Mitchell on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Drives great, quiet ride. I have not had any problems with the vehicle.

Problem after Problem
By Sam50 on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If I can keep it out of the shop I may start to like it. The air conditioner has broke twice with the same problem....turns on full blast and none of the controls will turn it off (even if you turn the vehicle off it still runs). CD player broker after only using it 10 minutes. The brakes squeal most of the time and the dealer says that is normal. The Firestone tires make a whine noise and the dealer said I must rotate tires after every OIL CHANGE (yeah right) to prevent cupping. The power windows squeak on roll down. The transmission slips and the dealer said it's within specs. Other than the above problems the LT Sub is great (sarcasm).

My old SUV on Sterioids
By wiselteats on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Cowboy caddy, redneck limosine were some nick names for the Burb that I used to utter in my mind when I would see one pass me in my 4Runner on the interstate back in my supremely loyal Toyota owning days. To be swayed away from Toyota to Chevy by the impressive Suburban should speak volumes to not only Toyota and other SUV designers but to the droves of rabid Toyota SUV loyalists (me being a former one). This ride rocks.

Great family hauler
By whittp on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Suburban pulls my 4500lb boat effortlessly. I was very impressed with the stability and performance under heavy load. The drive train is very well matched to this size vehicle. I have only had minor problems all of which were addressed by the Chevrolet dealership. They included a freon leak in the a/c system, a rattle in the steering linkage, and a malfunctioing seatbelt.