Used 2002 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Most Helpful|
Great Vehicle
By Carl

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is, by far, the best SUV I've owned. It blows away the competition, if there is any. We bought the vehicle used and have had not one major issue with it. It's reliable and rugged. I would not trade it for anything. Well, maybe a new one after 250,000 miles!

Favorite Features

Exterior design. Comfort for nine. Rear air conditioning. Quiet ride and flex fuel engine.

Suggested Improvements

None.

My Z71 Suburban
By Schredder

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really like my new Z71. The looks are super and everything is well thought out and the build quality seems excellent..........at least compared to the poorly built new TrailBlazer. Give us bigger engines !!

Suggested Improvements

The 1500 series Suburbans should have the 6.0l Vortec engine as an option. I would definitly buy a Z71 Suburban with the new Duramax diesel engine and 5spd. automatic tranny. When will GM offer a diesel in 1/2 ton vehicles? At least give the 1/2 ton crowd the 6.0l Vortec engine.

the suburban stinks
By kellie

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but problems with my suburban.... from the breaks squeaking (which was never resolved, gmac's answer to that was 'sorry, it's just how the mettallic break pads work - there's nothing we can do'), to fluid leaks (steering and air conditioning)to having the seats warped- all within only two years of owning it! I will never purchase a chevy again and I suggest you don't either - at least not the suburban

Favorite Features

the tv

Suggested Improvements

an all around improvement of how the car is manufactured and how gmac handles a "lemon" are definitely needed

Lemon
By orangeavalon

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have spent alot of money keeping this on the road and running.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride.

No brainer
By carzilla

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We sold our '00 Honda Odyssey after #3 son came along as it was just too small. I choose this vehicle through a process of elimination and was quite pleased to find that it drives better, is quieter and is more comfortable than the minivan in every way. If you need something this big I highly recommend it. There are really no good alternatives for 3+ kids to ride in comfort and safety. Please don't put your children in rear facing wagon seats (Mercedes, Volvo, etc) which are in a crumple zone.

Favorite Features

Large size but great driveability. Extra features in the LT model like heated seats and OnStar.

Suggested Improvements

Just a few nits. The barn style doors are a huge pain (literally, they swing shut very easily on things like your head). You can't turn the headlights off when the engine is on and it is dark. Better quality leather would not hurt. Don't mistake this for an economy car.