Used 2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Love My Suburban
By jcam

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Suburban. With 80,000 miles on it, it has cost me less in maintenance than my Honda scooter with 4k. Be prepared for the gas bill, but be pleasantly surprised by the lack of maintenance cost. I do regular oil changes, have changed tires twice, and just got my first brake job. I love my 'burban. It's about to haul me, my wife and our two dogs on a three week camping trip across the country, and I have no worries about it's performance. Buy American! You wont be disappointed!!!

Tight turning, exceptionally smooth ride, tons of space, safety, low maintenance cost.

Fuel economy and lower price point.

Great truck, reliable
By peter m

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck for us over the years, and I want to thank Chevy for building it. It has had a few mechanical issues, (replaced starter, air conditioning unit), but by and large we are still pleased after 7 years, 131,000miles. My wife drives it and loves it. She doesn't look forward to a new car, in fact, content to drive this one until it dies.

Safety- my wife and kids are as safe in this vehicle as any I can put them in. Capacity- 3 rows plus cargo room. Reliability- my wife and kids have never been stuck on the road somewhere. Ride- This car rides like a Cadillac.

Wouldn't it be great if Chevy extended it's powertrain warranty a little longer?

Suburban
By shayes

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle we have traveled many places in this vehicle and have had only minor problems. We have replaced the fuel pump and u-joints. This is a great vehicle my husband has a 2001 he has 293453 miles and only replaced the alternator. This is our third Suburban and we will be buying another Suburban soon.

Room, ride handling on the road in all weather conditions.

Improve gas mileage and equip with eye glass compartment like the 1997's were.

A Comfortable Workhorse
By AC

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been great for me. Lots of highway miles every weekend and it has been - no issues except cosmetic, normal wear and tear.

Power and room

Less plastic on the grille and bumpers

Great Family SUV
By Great Family vehicle

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle with the birth of our first child (three children later) and it has been all we have needed as a family vehicle. I refuse to do the mini-van even though gas mileage would be better but, I wouldn't change our decision for a second. 80k miles later and it still starts and runs like the first day we bought it. Just keep up with regular maintance and I plan to drive it till it dies.

Spacious room, good handling for a big vehicle (good turning radius), reliability, and easy to drive.

I don't think they offered it when I bought it but, steering wheel controls (ie; for the radio) would have made it perfect.