2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Great Car, Will never own anything else!
By divot2245 on 08/17/11 12:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my burb 6 years ago with 71000 miles on it, It now has 216000 and still going strong, never have had any major problems with it besides regular maintenance. Always starts and has never left me stranded, except for a flat tire, but thats not the car. This is my second burb and inbetween the two I owned and expedition, complained the whole time I owned the car. Got this burb and have never looked back. Passanger space is great and I have had 7 grown adults in the car comfortably for long journey's. Gas milage is about 13, but that is the only complaint I have. Its safe, I can see through the windows of the car in front of me. I would reccommend this truck to anyone

Love it
By chkrhntr on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 4WD 'burban new and finally gave it to the kids at 142,000 miles. Only thing that ever failed was the fuel pump ($600). Very reliable and got over 17mpg on freeway! Extremely comfortable to drive and handled like a luxury car. My other 4WD owning friends referred to it as "the pillow barge". I wish i still had it.

240k & STILL Running STRONG!
By AAW! on 05/01/10 18:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased out Burban NEW and 240k miles she still looks like the day we drove it out of the showroom. I have to replace the fuel pump next weekend and that's it. Over the years, we (KNOCK ON WOOD) have had minimal problems even while pulling our 2007 27 K-Z Travel Trailer!

Best Big Family Rig.... HANDS DOWN!!!
By Matt M. on 04/27/10 18:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our 'burb with 85,747 miles. We were nervous about buying one with over 75k, but now I'd buy one with 150k on it... Previously we had a 2005 dodge ram 3500 long bed, we needed more room for the kids and this was the first obvious option. After owning this one I'll definitely buy another. It pulls our 23' travel trailer with ease and the whole family is comfortable. NO MECHANICAL PROBLEMS whatsoever, and 161,982 miles later we've done nothing more than maintenance and tires / brakes. the MOST DEPENDABLE VEHICLE I'VE EVER HAD!!

Great for a big family!!
By jayna on 03/17/10 11:51 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck last year because we where expecting a new baby and needed more room. I LOVE this truck. It drives great and you can barely hear the engine running it is sooo quiet. I have had no big problems with it. Its great for hauling stuff too. I had to move my husbands 800 series bobcat and it pulled it so nicely. I could barely tell I was hauling it.

Love My Suburban
By jcam on 09/22/09 16:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Suburban. With 80,000 miles on it, it has cost me less in maintenance than my Honda scooter with 4k. Be prepared for the gas bill, but be pleasantly surprised by the lack of maintenance cost. I do regular oil changes, have changed tires twice, and just got my first brake job. I love my 'burban. It's about to haul me, my wife and our two dogs on a three week camping trip across the country, and I have no worries about it's performance. Buy American! You wont be disappointed!!!

Great SUV
By BP on 09/01/09 20:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Suburban. I rolled the first one. We bought this one with 113,000 miles on it and it still looks new. There is hardly any wear in the leather at all and the carpet still looks great. Maybe they didn't have kids? Have not had any problems yet. Love the comfort and ride. Much quieter than my 99'.

Great Traveling Car, too many repairs
By Colorado Traveler on 08/01/09 10:05 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought 1 year old with 27k miles. Drives like a dream, even in extreme snow/blizzard. Problem is reliability. Had AC replace at 50k, transmission at 60k, transmission at 90k, transmission at 110k. Never towed anything, just issues with transmission. With complaints said, we feel ultra safe traveling, even in extreme blizzards when other cars are spinning off the road. Put Yokohama AT/S tires on it, and can go anywhere in sun/rain/snow.

Great truck, reliable
By peter m on 06/26/09 10:33 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck for us over the years, and I want to thank Chevy for building it. It has had a few mechanical issues, (replaced starter, air conditioning unit), but by and large we are still pleased after 7 years, 131,000miles. My wife drives it and loves it. She doesn't look forward to a new car, in fact, content to drive this one until it dies.

Suburban
By shayes on 10/29/08 14:49 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle we have traveled many places in this vehicle and have had only minor problems. We have replaced the fuel pump and u-joints. This is a great vehicle my husband has a 2001 he has 293453 miles and only replaced the alternator. This is our third Suburban and we will be buying another Suburban soon.