2001 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: I love my Suburban

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Review

I love my Suburban
By Terri Hoff on

2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After having paid my dues since my last two vehicles were green minivans, I decided to take the plunge and go for another SUV. I'd had a Ford Explorer before I had that third child! I've already told my husband that I am ruined. Until I get the kids raised, I'm a Suburban driver for life! It is reliable,and the "little touches", such as carpeting all the way up into the control panel, yummy leather, a control panel both for the stereo and the climate for the rear passengers, go above and beyond expectations. The cargo space has no peer. It's huge, carpeted, of course, and there are little "secret compartments" here and there. I could go on and on, but I'm out of space!

My particular model has the rear cargo doors that open to the sides rather than the whole gate lifting. I love that. I like that powerful V8 as well. The seat warmers are a luxury I've gotten used to. Great stereo.

The console (compartment between front two seats) is too deep. I tend to lose stuff down in it, even though I appreciate the capacity.