2001 Chevrolet Suburban 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Don't buy a Chevy Suburban

2001 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Review

Don't buy a Chevy Suburban
By andrew allocco on

2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The top of the line LT model is a piece of junk. Within first year the AC fan motor broke, front seat rails were cracked,front shock absorber bad, driver heated seat doesn't heat, engine pings and knocks real bad even if using high test,other people have same problem, fuel gauge doesn't read correctly,electrical problem with clock/radio (a friend who also owns a 2001 LT has same problem) Chevy makes these trucks in Mexico.The quality just isn't there. Friend has had to replace electric window motor on the same door three times in the past 2 years with AC Delco Mexican parts; they repeatedly broke. Chevy/GM customer service is a joke.

Favorite Features

Its the last big truck out there. I think Ford has just dropped its excursion line. Too Bad. However, the expedition is still there and now has electrically folding third row seats. After seeing my problems, my parents just bought a 2003 expedition. They steered clear of Chevy.

Suggested Improvements

Get the heck out of Mexico before you lose an entire generation of customers. Your quality is really poor. I'm done with Chevy and I think GM altogether. Also eliminate your customer service center 1-800 number. No use having it when they don't do anything.