Used 2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Unsatisfied-2nd Suburban
By jstetzer

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Multiple costly repairs between 37,000 and 42,000 miles on items I never expected to be problems -fuel sending unit ($800.00), a seatbelt ($200.00), 4WD switch ($200.00), window motor ($200.00). Yes I contacted GM, was patronized and then told they would not cover any of the repairs-the truck was out of warranty by mileage, but only 2.5 years old. It is my 2nd Suburban in 5 years. I guess the first one wasn't "just a lemon".

Comfortable to drive. Safe and convenient for a large family.

For GM, follow your foreign comptetitors and put your profits into improving your vehicles, instead of padding the corporate layer of wallets - you'll be better off in 20 years.

Perfect SUV
By nah

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a perfect SUV for any family. It holds a lot of stuff, and a lot of people too. I once packed the car to the limit with 9 passengers, a dog, three coolers, and a few picnic baskets, and we were all very comfortable. This car beats any other fullsize SUV, especially Ford and Toyota. I have two friends, one of whom owns the Ford, the other owns the Toyota. Once they both got into my Chevy, they were amazed. They were also very upset that they hadn't gotten the Suburban. They said it had a better build quality, more power (than the Toyota), better handling and more comfort!

I love my Suburban
By Terri Hoff

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After having paid my dues since my last two vehicles were green minivans, I decided to take the plunge and go for another SUV. I'd had a Ford Explorer before I had that third child! I've already told my husband that I am ruined. Until I get the kids raised, I'm a Suburban driver for life! It is reliable,and the "little touches", such as carpeting all the way up into the control panel, yummy leather, a control panel both for the stereo and the climate for the rear passengers, go above and beyond expectations. The cargo space has no peer. It's huge, carpeted, of course, and there are little "secret compartments" here and there. I could go on and on, but I'm out of space!

My particular model has the rear cargo doors that open to the sides rather than the whole gate lifting. I love that. I like that powerful V8 as well. The seat warmers are a luxury I've gotten used to. Great stereo.

The console (compartment between front two seats) is too deep. I tend to lose stuff down in it, even though I appreciate the capacity.

2001 Chevrolet Suburban
By mschmehl

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck for hauling the family and my 30ft travel trailer. Love the standard and optional equipment and the build quality.

My 2001 Suburban
By John N. Ottey

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2001 Suburban has a powerful 5.3 L V8 and on the highway I get 19.5 MPG. I chose a two wheel drive model for better fuel economy, lower cost, less chance of mechanical failure, and because I don't need four wheel drive. I plan on keeping it for 250K miles. If I thought I'd resell it after a couple of years I probably would have chosen a four wheel drive model since resale would be easier. I love this truck. It is roomy inside and comfortable for my family. I have four children who all enjoy riding in it, and I don't have to worry about them out-growing it. It has a front bench seat (that I insisted on) and a third row seat with fairly easy access, and

Roomy interior, dash and instruments, rear air, Dark tinted windows, 9 passenger seating, running boards, audio quality, powerful quiet engine, anti-lock brakes, smooth ride, cargo capacity, velor seating for better audio quality, stylish interior and exterior, GM truck quality.

more adjustable driver's seat for cross country trips, fuel pump reliability (had to replace mine which cost me $800.00 a hard pill to swallow), better fuel economy(really not to bad considering its size) more color selections