2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
excellent
By ryanleeh on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck. I have had smaller trucks before, and was unsure if I would like this monster....well, I will never buy a small truck again. The fuel economy is week, but expected. the four wheel capability is ok. very comfortable on long trips.

much improved
By jtn on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I previously owned a 95 sub and cannot believe the improvements. Handling is much improved over prior model. You can actually get into a parking spot at the grocery now. Tons of room, nothing better for long rides.

Very Happy
By Stoker11 on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

There has been significant improvemt to this vehicle since my 94' Burb that I put 150K miles on. The increase in power and fuel mileage is a great suprise. The ride and handling are also much better and make the truck quite easy to drive.

Best American full size SUV
By rebeljoe1 on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is by far the best full size SUV in America. The Chevrolet Suburban.

2001 Suburban
By shinija on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle we have ever owned.We get 19 mpg which is very good for a vehicle this size.No problems with this vehicle with 18k on the odometer.Very reliable, will never own less!

Pro Suburban
By rhwalton on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Our Suburban has been a outstanding travel vehicle for us. We drive 22,000 miles per year. Fule economy averages 15.5 city and 17.4 to 18 highway. Not bad considering we are driving in mountains and generaly loaded.

Riding High and In Style
By Engine39 on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I know the mpg is low but that comes with a vehicle this big. I bought this because I have 3 kids and a wife. Everybody has enough room to spread out.

Great vehicle
By jsnell on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Don't buy this planning to tow enclosed car haulers - go for the 2500 series.

2001 Suburban LS
By Red '01 on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have one major complaint with this vehicle. Wind noise around the front passenger door and the windshield. I have had it into 2 different dealers 3 different times. Some adjustments have been made but the problem persists. I had been told that the problem was anything from the bug deflector to the antenna to this is "normal wind noise". If it is 'normal' then why when I drove a GMC pickup as a loaner for one of my service visits the pickup was noticably quiter? After all, it has the same hood, fenders, doors, etc. as the Suburban. If the wind noise problem could be fixed I would be fairly happy with the vehicle.

Total package
By Smiling Brad on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Absolutely wonderful SUV. This is my 2nd Suburban (previous was a 97 SLT). This is loaded, comfortable, and driver friendly. If you are looking for a total package, look no further!!!