Used 2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Super
By harold

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is one of the easiest SUVs to drive, even in reverse and when parking. It feels like a good expensive sedan. Not bouncy nor tight like other "large" SUVs. Except for the gas expense and the outside mirrors that do not fold by themselves, I think this is a super car.

Self folding mirrors, two piece third row sit

Excellent Car
By lemursrule

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

When we purchased the vehicle in 2001, we were told that it was used as a program car. If it was displayed in public, then it must be good. This vehicle is well built and tough. A monster 8.1 V8 engine leaves nothing to be desired. The ride and suspension is excellent, and road noise is little to nothing. I would definitely purchase another Suburban. The depreciation is excellent, and the model is one of the most wanted SUV models in existence. It also is fun to drive and comfort is excellent!!

Huge cargo area. Rear stereo controls. Feeling of safety

The steering column and sun visors are a little off center from the driver and passenger.

Happy man
By NY suburbanite

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck. I read reviews about "bad fuel economy". Remember this is a big truck and for its engine and vehicle size, it's good on gas. I had an Explorer which was a lot worse. Over all this is a great vehicle. It's very comfortable, and handles great. I'm a Suburban man for life.

Interior leather is the best. Overall construction, and the car like ride

A fold away 3rd row seat

Best SUV for your money
By Melissa

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 2WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My Suburban has great power when I need it. It is as comfortable as a car, and has lots of room inside. It has been extremely dependable. I have not had any problems with it. I plan on keeping it for a long time. I would not drive any other SUV. It's solid and you feel very safe in it.

My model has the barn doors. I don't believe they offer that option any more. Also, the car has great "pick up" lots of power. I also love OnStar.

None

Trouble in paradise.
By Duane

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased a 2001 2500-LT Suburban "GM Certified Used Vehicle" in August, 04 with ~58K miles. In the first 9 months of ownership, we've had multiple major repairs, including: exhaust (which we came to find is a dealer only part. No aftermarket muffler for the 2500 series. Major dollars) Side mirror fell off. Window regulator failed. Rear cooling lines ruptured. Complete brake job with rotors. Fuel pump failed. Broken radio antenna. Brake booster replaced. Tail lights failed Transmission lines replaced. Front U roints replaced. Regreased the rear passenger door straps twice. Leaking fuel line. Fortunately, we purchased the used car warranty, as it's paid for itself twice over.

Love the ride (after replacing U joints). Moonroof is nice. Very roomy for our family of 5.

Robust engineering and components would be nice. It's a great vehicle when it's running.