2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
TOO MANY PROBLEMS FOR SUCH AN EXPENSIVE
By NEVERBUYANOTHER on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Piece of Junk - Very dissatisfied owner. I had following problems. Delivered with bad alignment 3rd row seat is all plastic not leather as advertised Horn burnt out at 36,000 Steering squeeks, is notchy and stiff Transmission slipped at 49,000 miles Fuel pump needed replacement at 20,000 Throttle body needed replacement at 16,000 Needed new battery at 32,000

I still love my suburban
By Bob B on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd suburban. The 6 ltr engine is great. No problem hauling my 30' travel trailer. The styling is nice, although there is way too much plastic for a $40-50K vehicle. Several pieces have broken, while my '93 Suburban has yet to have any broken interior components. It is also interesting that I started to see rust spots on the finish after owning it only 6 months. Road noise is a little high, but this is a 3/4 ton truck. It has a tight turning radius, but hard to move if the wheels are cranked. The ride is decent. I still love suburbans, but hope GM will take another look at interior quality.

Don't buy a Chevy Suburban
By andrew allocco on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The top of the line LT model is a piece of junk. Within first year the AC fan motor broke, front seat rails were cracked,front shock absorber bad, driver heated seat doesn't heat, engine pings and knocks real bad even if using high test,other people have same problem, fuel gauge doesn't read correctly,electrical problem with clock/radio (a friend who also owns a 2001 LT has same problem) Chevy makes these trucks in Mexico.The quality just isn't there. Friend has had to replace electric window motor on the same door three times in the past 2 years with AC Delco Mexican parts; they repeatedly broke. Chevy/GM customer service is a joke.

I like my Suburban
By Ed in Huntsville on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

great vehicle on a trip and around town; very reliable; reasonably good gas mileage (16mpg); great hauling capacity.

Great
By Jason88 on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

GM's suburband and yukn xl models are the best. Very powerfull and plenty of room. Very luxuious for a truck. Love it

Wife was happy with my new truck.
By SANMAN on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First test drive my Wife did the driving and now I have a hard time getting her to be the passenger. Easy to drive. Took family on a 3600 mile trip five months after we bought the vechile with five children and we had room to spare.

Can't Beat It
By engine39 on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

There are draw backs to a truck this size. But none take away from the overall satisfaction of driving it. I wouldn't trade it for any vehicle in it's class.

2nd SubBurban
By Tom/Allentown on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our 1st in Texas in 1992, put 168000 miles on it, shined it up and it looked new. Never occured to us to replace it with anything else. We no longer need to haul 12 girlscouts or 500 boxes of cookes ot a time, but my wife just loves her Surburban. Who cares if the mileage is less than 20MPG? Get rearended someday, get out and look at the poor guy that hit you and you will never drive a lesser car(truck)

Love my Suburban
By JosephJ on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I sold a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee to purchase a Suburban. Not only do I get better gas mileage than the Jeep (a complete surprise), I never ever have to worry about lack of space. I am amazed at how well this SUV handles. It rides as nice as any car I have owned.

Making Progress
By atravelor on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Suburban, which is a Z71. With 28,000 on this one we have experienced fewer problems then we did on our 1995 LT. Milage has improved but nothing like the others have reported. It is pretty much 15 city or highway - uphill or down. Problems to date have been with the front suspension that makes odd noises occasionally accompanied with excessive tire ware on the inside of the tires. The other minor issue has been with the rear AC control that now only works at one speed - high. Other then that, it is much more livable car to drive day to day then the previous generation, and at the price I got it at a much better value then most of the compitition.