2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
My used SUB
By WINGED LION on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a comfortable, smooth riding SUV! Already own GM truck for years with same engine and Trans. Both smooth and powerful. Visibility restricted when backing up. Go over a few curbs due to it's length. Don't want to drive anything else because of feeling of good size and safety.

Excellent Truck
By genesisdj on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I think the suburban/tahoe/yukon trucks are the best SUV on the planet. They handle great, never rattle, are quiet, awesome vehicles. Keep up the good work

Chevy Rocks!
By AnneK on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We frequently pull a 26' travel trailer as well as use this truck for every day use running the family around, and this truck performs beautifully. Winter weather does not affect the stability of the vehicle either. The "Auto 4WD" option is the best feature to have during those trips when the road conditions fluctuate between slippery/ice/snow to just wet. We went from a Tahoe to the Suburban and will never pick anything but Chevy when it comes to future purchases.

2001Suburban LT
By MOM Mobile on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle, but it should be for the price!

EXPERIENCE OF OWNERSHIP
By MLUZECKY on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

ELECTRIC WINDOWS HAVE BROKEN ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS DESPITE MINIMAL USE. REMOVING REAR SEAT REMAINS DIFFICULT. BRAKING REMAINS MARGINAL.

I love suburbans
By Bigrig on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my sixth Suburban, and even tho the family is grown, there is always "stuff" (and grandkids)to haul! The auto 4WD is great in our rotten winters and it is extremely stable even in 2WD! Build quality and reliability are great, although the interior is rather plain in comparison to older models!

not up to old quality
By john t. on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

problems with engine oil use, stalling engine, air conditioner, pulley, tensioner, cheaper build than older model chevy trucks. i bought new a 95 tahoe...no problems, no oil use, no complaints with the tahoe at all (still have tahoe with 162k miles). 42k should buy a great truck! it did not.

It saved my life
By Rev Peter on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

6 months after we bought our Suburban, we had an accident that totalled our 26' trailer (it flipped on its side) and did significant ($10,000) damage to the truck. All four wheel remained on the ground and the sherriff's dept told us they had had three SUV's flip earlier in the week. After the truck was repaired, there was only one mechanical problem with the truck, which was fixed in less than an hour.

2001 Chevy 2500 LT 4x4
By MaroonJeff on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great SUV for a family with kids. Feels like you own the road when driving. Roomy inside is fantastic, although gas mileage is poor. I have the K2500 LT 4x4, and could have really gone with a K1500... ego made that purchase decision. Bench seats are nice with little kids. I did have a minor problem with my transmission while it was still under warranty, but the dealership handled it. Downside? Parking. Hard to squeeze into parking spots, but I knew that going into the purchase. Would definitely own another one.

Never thought it would be this good
By ChevyConvert on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Not only does it have a comfort level that blew my mind, but its body and design is awesome. Milage is not bad when you compare it to SUV's out there. Pound for pound this is the best priced, quality, luxury SUV out in the market. Come on, it seats 9 and you are king of the road!