2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews 4

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Unsatisfied-2nd Suburban
By jstetzer on 05/02/05 17:18 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Multiple costly repairs between 37,000 and 42,000 miles on items I never expected to be problems -fuel sending unit ($800.00), a seatbelt ($200.00), 4WD switch ($200.00), window motor ($200.00). Yes I contacted GM, was patronized and then told they would not cover any of the repairs-the truck was out of warranty by mileage, but only 2.5 years old. It is my 2nd Suburban in 5 years. I guess the first one wasn't "just a lemon".

Perfect SUV
By nah on 02/21/05 09:19 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a perfect SUV for any family. It holds a lot of stuff, and a lot of people too. I once packed the car to the limit with 9 passengers, a dog, three coolers, and a few picnic baskets, and we were all very comfortable. This car beats any other fullsize SUV, especially Ford and Toyota. I have two friends, one of whom owns the Ford, the other owns the Toyota. Once they both got into my Chevy, they were amazed. They were also very upset that they hadn't gotten the Suburban. They said it had a better build quality, more power (than the Toyota), better handling and more comfort!

I love my Suburban
By Terri Hoff on 02/16/05 23:46 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After having paid my dues since my last two vehicles were green minivans, I decided to take the plunge and go for another SUV. I'd had a Ford Explorer before I had that third child! I've already told my husband that I am ruined. Until I get the kids raised, I'm a Suburban driver for life! It is reliable,and the "little touches", such as carpeting all the way up into the control panel, yummy leather, a control panel both for the stereo and the climate for the rear passengers, go above and beyond expectations. The cargo space has no peer. It's huge, carpeted, of course, and there are little "secret compartments" here and there. I could go on and on, but I'm out of space!

2001 Chevrolet Suburban
By mschmehl on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck for hauling the family and my 30ft travel trailer. Love the standard and optional equipment and the build quality.

My 2001 Suburban
By John N. Ottey on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2001 Suburban has a powerful 5.3 L V8 and on the highway I get 19.5 MPG. I chose a two wheel drive model for better fuel economy, lower cost, less chance of mechanical failure, and because I don't need four wheel drive. I plan on keeping it for 250K miles. If I thought I'd resell it after a couple of years I probably would have chosen a four wheel drive model since resale would be easier. I love this truck. It is roomy inside and comfortable for my family. I have four children who all enjoy riding in it, and I don't have to worry about them out-growing it. It has a front bench seat (that I insisted on) and a third row seat with fairly easy access, and

perfect vehicle
By jasuv on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Suburban is perfect for a family of five or more. Plenty of room for all the kids, dog, sporting equipment and carpool. Handles better than most cars while offering the safety of a truck. Auto 4 option is perfect for rain slick roads.

very nice
By DEAN on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

THE PERFORMANCE HAS IMPROVED DRAMATICALLY WITH AN AFTERMARKET EXHAUST,THE RIDE IS GREAT,DRIVING IN THE WINTER ON BAD ROADS IS EXCEPTIONAL!!!THE AUTO-TRAC 4WD IS AWESOME.

great family whale
By mkhorton on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my car it is the 2nd one which was a bit of a lemon but the 2500 and new nodel is the best We love it.

01 suburban
By bugs on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We love it we have a 99 tahoe also and like it but this drives abit smoother and the styling is more modern.We feel very safe and have not problems. We will by another when decide it is time to trade it in!!

Super Sub
By hw101 on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had eight Subs and they keep getting better. Only reason for trading this one is to get an 04. I just hate the so called "professional" reviewers that always knock the size of the vehicle. I say, if they want to live where all you can drive is a match box, that your choice, just don't trash the most perfect vehicle in the world for the real world drivers.