2001 Chevrolet Suburban 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2001 Suburban

2001 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Review

2001 Suburban
By D. Rigsby on

2001 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Suburban and I have loved all three, keeping all until well over 100000 miles. There is significant improvement in this model's drive train over my 1990 model. However, the interior is not worthy of the price of the vehicle. I did not opt for leather seats. The fabric is worn in rather strange places due to tightness of fit and several plastic molding on the inside have either come off, or have broken when something was dropped on the piece. The latch for the rear fold down broke after only 3 years and the gray is coming off the dash. I love the convenience and the haulability of people, dogs and other stuff. Have Suburban, will travel!

Favorite Features

Seating arrangements, hauling capability. Pulls a trailer with no effort at all. Four wheel drive and high ground clearance gets me on and off muddy roads frequently.

Suggested Improvements

Better grade plastic inside and better upholstery and carpet. Improved fuel economy would be appreciated.