Used 2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Love the Car hate the MPG
By Family6

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Suburban. it is very roomy and comfortable. The only complaint is the MPG. We get 10- 14 mpg. The cost of gas ends up being so much a month it is almost like having a %500 monthly car bill. I will probably sell it and find a different vehicle just due to MPG.

Favorite Features

Comfort and room.

Suggested Improvements

MPG. If they could somehow make a suburban style vehicle with about 18 MPG I would be one very satisfied customer.

2001 Suburban
By Bob

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our Suburban new summer of 01. Overall, it has been a average vehicle. Its power and handling are subpar by todays standards but are certainly adequate. Braking is not very secure feeling. The controls are laid out well and are easy to use. However, the design doesn't look all that great, kind of cheap. The front seats are extremely comfortable. 2nd &3rd row seats complete opposite. Quality has been bad but not terrible. Lots of problems and has caused some real headaches. Luckily, all of the tons of problems it has had have been relatively inexpensive to resolve. However,my friend got a lemon with his 02 tahoe. Nothing but problems,thousands spent on repairs,left them stranded often

Favorite Features

comfortable front seats. service at dealer is very good (which is nice since we are there so often for repair). Very large trunk is nice when family is packing for a trip.

Suggested Improvements

Stop using low quality plastic. Pieces of the interior are always falling off, cracking, etc.

Will have another!
By mr. bill

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After eight year I think we got our money's worth! Great people mover,car hauler,swim taxi. My wife loves this suv and we will buy another one. Very few repairs, just maintain it. Did I say great car.

Favorite Features

very versatile

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat is heavy. But I can live with that!

Runs like a Champ
By Mr. Mark

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased as a towable behind the RV with 60,000 miles on the clock. Now I have 129,000 and use it as a daily driver. Cant beat the ride, utility, reliability and safety. Have two kids at home and it stores everything.Got rid of my daily driver (Had $30K invested ad didn't need the truck anymoe) and love that I don't have a truck payment. Everyone says it will go 25o,000 miles, other than routine maintenance...I think they are right. Mileage is fine, if you are not abusive with the gas pedal, it get's 12 to 15 MPG, with no monthly payment, it's ok. Go for one, any year because they keep getting better. MB

Favorite Features

Space and safety

Suggested Improvements

Some plastic trim has fallen of in the interior.

We luv our bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By David&Anesha Wossne

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We had to get a bigger vehicle (I was pregnant)so we traded in our Jag Vand Plas for a used 2001 "Bus" with 117,000mls. We can't tell you how much we luv our "Bus" We added 3 TV'S for the kids, Navigation for me. It is great for Soccer and other sport activities for the family,we travel a lot and it has great as mileage (16-18) We hardly drive our other vehicles except for work. When the engine falls out we'll get another used "Bus"

Favorite Features

Size does matter, at times we can't even hear the kids. Storage and cup holders galore. My hubby loves that V8 must be a man thing.

Suggested Improvements

would'nt chagee a thing. This vehicle gets better with time