2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Best vehicle ever owned
By mickey on 09/06/08 12:34 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Suburban fully loaded brand new. Have over 144,000 miles on it the no major repairs or wrecks smoother than an Acura MDX. The traction control system works over the top good it has a locking differential. The best invention since heated since also in the suburban. The seats still have eneough cushion rebound to seat comfortably. The interior color is tan and well colored and and the exterior color is white, tough and fade proof

Impressed by Chevrolet. It's about time!
By Zuniga on 06/17/08 09:16 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was woried at first about owning an SUV and its reliability from Chvey. All I can say is wo. !I love this SUV! No problems what so ever that set me back. Very reliable. Great size, comfort, and can haul no problem.

Nice SUV
By Nice SUV on 05/18/08 10:11 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Z71 from Texas Direct Auto on eBay sight unseen in 2004 to replace a conversion van. I must say that I have been pleasantly surprised by this truck. Approaching 110,000 miles and the only problem has been a cracked connector on the gas tank (had to replace entire tank). Powerful, quick, and very comfortable on long trips. Towed a 21' boat with no problem (hard to tell the boat was even there). Gas mileage is not too bad for a full sized SUV. Only complaints are the amount of leg room for the front passenger (my Expedition has alot more)and small plastic parts in the interiors keep falling off. All in all, I would definitely buy this SUV again

Best SUV and a low cost to operate
By Tom the salesman on 05/02/08 14:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My Suburban was purchased used in 2001. The car had 18,000 miles when purchased. I use this car for work since the day I purchsed it. My average gas millage is a poor 16mpg but concidering the low maintenance cost to operate I feel Like I get 40mpg. The car has 428,000 miles and rides like a new car. Here is a list of my repairs. 160K first tune up done by myself. 210k & 400k a fuel pump gave out (850.00 ea. installed). At 250K the Air conditioner was replaced. At 340,000 I replace engine with a used 60K mile engine installed for 1,200.00. At 360K trans died (800.00 used and installed) Replaced back shocks and at 400,000 replaced rear rodors and pads, front rotor is original.

Suburban
By Whitedawg on 07/27/07 19:40 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 2WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I am the orignal ownwer of this vehicle. I have ensured this vehicle has met every scheduled mx as well as regular oil changes, At 85K a hose clamp gave way, 98K replaced window regulator and 101K AC compressor, new one has life time warranty. We travel exetensively and love traveling in the Suburban.

Big Truck Feel - Luxury Ride and Control
By Chevyguy on 01/29/07 12:02 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this Suburban used from a private party and I've had a few normal maintenance issues, but overall this thing is a beast that never dies. I tow a camper back and forth for a total of 120 miles every weekend in the summer and I have no problems and get over 10 mpg (6000 lbs camper). The ride feels like a car and it handles like a car. I love my Suburban!

World Class
By J. CASTILLON on 01/02/07 15:50 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I've ever purchased. We've taken 3 vacation trips 2 to Florida, 1 to our nation's capitol just after 9/11. The interior creature comforts in our's made every trip enjoyable. We felt confident on the mechanial reliablity, and have had no problems. With over 88,000 miles traveled, to countless soccer, baseball, and footbal practices, and games. My wife thought it was too big at first. Now she has claimed as her own. The kids, and dog love it too. Some of her friends prefer it to their vehicle because of the heated seats, and cargo space (etc.) when they go shopping. We have others who are amazed at the ride, and condition for a vehicle. Someday I hope to claim it as mine own again.

Love the Burb
By Happy burb in So CA on 11/15/06 12:49 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We've owned this Sub since moving up from a Tahoe. Ours has been flawless for hauling kids, gear and even towing a 20' trailer full of off road vehicles. The K&N intake and a superchips programmer are a must upgrade and it doesn't need a loud exhaust because we love to hear the soundtracks of the DVDs. Our kids and their friends love it. I think we'll keep this one even after we get my wife a new one.

So far so good
By OtotheG on 05/04/06 10:30 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle used and so far the family loves it. It had almost 100k when I bought it and have no problems as of yet. We've only had the SUV for about 8 months but have had no problems. It hates cheap gas, runs badly, but with Chevron gas no problems. The gas mileage isn't so bad considering its a huge vehicle. We tend to drive on road trips 5 hours plus per trip and it's great having all that room. We fit everything in there. 2 car seats, baggage for 5 people (2 adults & 3 kids, stroller, infent bed, golf bag, toys and a couple loose things. Do your homework, test drive, haggle and carfax. Good luck.

Surprise! Great gas mileage
By KimWithTwins on 02/06/06 17:08 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Everyone I talk to groans when they think of a Suburban and the gas it must use. Well, I want to set the record straight that I get 17-20 mpg, and most of the time 18mpg. I'm an at- home Mom, and my driving is a combo of freeway and side streets. It's been super reliable, and my dealer threw in free oil changes for life, which I love.