Used 2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Great big family on the move vehicle
By flfamonthegogo

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our 2001 suburban in 2003 with fairly low miles, after our 4th son was born and we realized that we were not 'van people'. We have almost 300,000 miles on it!! We have had to get the transmission rebuilt twice, and the fuel pump replace. It leaks oil, and coolant. We live in Florida, so we just use water....nothing freezes here . :) I get regular maintenance on it, and keep the tires good. It does eat some gas, but truly it isn't as bad as it could be. We can go from Tampa-Daytona and back on a tank, with spare to run all over Daytona. And Tampa-Atlanta is just over a tank each way. It takes awhile to heat up now (on cold mornings) but it's also old.

I love my 'big white bus' and everything it offers me; very comfortable heated leather seats, lumbar support, storage galore!!! I love the hide away tire changing kit.

Indestructible
By jaspell

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We are now at 290,000 on Old Bessie and she is still going strong. We change the oil every 4000 miles and it's still going strong. The only repairs we have had are the power steering pump, the belt tensioner, and an intake plenum. I think we may have put it one starter but I'm not sure. Basically this car is start and drive. It's old, it's dented and it leaks oil a bit (leaks, not burns) but I would still drive this thing through hell. Awesome comfortable car.

Dependability, comfort, power, roominess.

None.

The Burb Keeps Going!
By Dave

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have used our Suburban for just about everything. We travel all over the city hauling the kids and their sports equipment every weekend and also use the vehicle to pull our seadoos. Have used the Suburban in the snow, sand, and mud with no problems driving the vehicle on/off road. Plenty of power for highway driving which is fun to drive!

Plenty of interior room, dual buckets seats, and the heated seats are nice too! Plenty of horsepower and we get pretty good mileage on the highway.

Great SUV
By Sergio

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle new and it has been great. It has 85,000 miles and only major repair has been a leaking water pump. It is great for long trips with plenty of room for the family, baggage and equipment.

Ride, looks, and comfort.

Nothing but praise!
By JB

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased vehicle new for hauling the family and a utility trailer. After 217,000 miles of use that has expanded to include long road trips loaded to the max, towing an enclosed snowmobile trailer in Maine, many off road excursions in Maine and Colorado, and now towing a 23' travel trailer in the Rockies this truck has performed flawlessly. Besides general maintenance I have replaced a water pump, fuel pump, alternator, and rotors, once. The engine has never been opened except to replace an intake gasket. It is just now starting to burn some oil when pressed hard. Every single function on this vehicle still works. The transmission and brake issues have been resolved. This vehicle is awesome

Size, capabilities, strength, looks, and quality. I don't even mind the MPG. Rotate tires often.

Possibly a diesel offering.