2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Indestructible
By jaspell on 04/03/14 18:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We are now at 290,000 on Old Bessie and she is still going strong. We change the oil every 4000 miles and it's still going strong. The only repairs we have had are the power steering pump, the belt tensioner, and an intake plenum. I think we may have put it one starter but I'm not sure. Basically this car is start and drive. It's old, it's dented and it leaks oil a bit (leaks, not burns) but I would still drive this thing through hell. Awesome comfortable car.

The Burb Keeps Going!
By Dave on 05/18/10 10:17 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have used our Suburban for just about everything. We travel all over the city hauling the kids and their sports equipment every weekend and also use the vehicle to pull our seadoos. Have used the Suburban in the snow, sand, and mud with no problems driving the vehicle on/off road. Plenty of power for highway driving which is fun to drive!

Great SUV
By Sergio on 05/01/10 13:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle new and it has been great. It has 85,000 miles and only major repair has been a leaking water pump. It is great for long trips with plenty of room for the family, baggage and equipment.

Nothing but praise!
By JB on 03/29/10 15:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased vehicle new for hauling the family and a utility trailer. After 217,000 miles of use that has expanded to include long road trips loaded to the max, towing an enclosed snowmobile trailer in Maine, many off road excursions in Maine and Colorado, and now towing a 23' travel trailer in the Rockies this truck has performed flawlessly. Besides general maintenance I have replaced a water pump, fuel pump, alternator, and rotors, once. The engine has never been opened except to replace an intake gasket. It is just now starting to burn some oil when pressed hard. Every single function on this vehicle still works. The transmission and brake issues have been resolved. This vehicle is awesome

Love the Car hate the MPG
By Family6 on 03/04/10 13:11 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Suburban. it is very roomy and comfortable. The only complaint is the MPG. We get 10- 14 mpg. The cost of gas ends up being so much a month it is almost like having a %500 monthly car bill. I will probably sell it and find a different vehicle just due to MPG.

2001 Suburban
By Bob on 02/28/10 13:29 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our Suburban new summer of 01. Overall, it has been a average vehicle. Its power and handling are subpar by todays standards but are certainly adequate. Braking is not very secure feeling. The controls are laid out well and are easy to use. However, the design doesn't look all that great, kind of cheap. The front seats are extremely comfortable. 2nd &3rd row seats complete opposite. Quality has been bad but not terrible. Lots of problems and has caused some real headaches. Luckily, all of the tons of problems it has had have been relatively inexpensive to resolve. However,my friend got a lemon with his 02 tahoe. Nothing but problems,thousands spent on repairs,left them stranded often

Will have another!
By mr. bill on 02/12/10 20:29 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After eight year I think we got our money's worth! Great people mover,car hauler,swim taxi. My wife loves this suv and we will buy another one. Very few repairs, just maintain it. Did I say great car.

Runs like a Champ
By Mr. Mark on 01/26/10 17:56 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased as a towable behind the RV with 60,000 miles on the clock. Now I have 129,000 and use it as a daily driver. Cant beat the ride, utility, reliability and safety. Have two kids at home and it stores everything.Got rid of my daily driver (Had $30K invested ad didn't need the truck anymoe) and love that I don't have a truck payment. Everyone says it will go 25o,000 miles, other than routine maintenance...I think they are right. Mileage is fine, if you are not abusive with the gas pedal, it get's 12 to 15 MPG, with no monthly payment, it's ok. Go for one, any year because they keep getting better. MB

We luv our bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By David&Anesha Wossne on 03/19/09 20:13 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We had to get a bigger vehicle (I was pregnant)so we traded in our Jag Vand Plas for a used 2001 "Bus" with 117,000mls. We can't tell you how much we luv our "Bus" We added 3 TV'S for the kids, Navigation for me. It is great for Soccer and other sport activities for the family,we travel a lot and it has great as mileage (16-18) We hardly drive our other vehicles except for work. When the engine falls out we'll get another used "Bus"

Great vehicle
By D and D on 11/24/08 11:32 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 2WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased our Suburban used and we have nothing but wonderful things to say about this SUV other than the gas mileage. It is so solid and we feel very safe driving it. We have the 8.1 liter, no problems hauling. It is one tough vehicle.