Used 2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Great big family on the move vehicle
By flfamonthegogo

2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our 2001 suburban in 2003 with fairly low miles, after our 4th son was born and we realized that we were not 'van people'. We have almost 300,000 miles on it!! We have had to get the transmission rebuilt twice, and the fuel pump replace. It leaks oil, and coolant. We live in Florida, so we just use water....nothing freezes here . :) I get regular maintenance on it, and keep the tires good. It does eat some gas, but truly it isn't as bad as it could be. We can go from Tampa-Daytona and back on a tank, with spare to run all over Daytona. And Tampa-Atlanta is just over a tank each way. It takes awhile to heat up now (on cold mornings) but it's also old.

I love my 'big white bus' and everything it offers me; very comfortable heated leather seats, lumbar support, storage galore!!! I love the hide away tire changing kit.

Great SUV
By Sergio

2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle new and it has been great. It has 85,000 miles and only major repair has been a leaking water pump. It is great for long trips with plenty of room for the family, baggage and equipment.

Ride, looks, and comfort.

Will have another!
By mr. bill

2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After eight year I think we got our money's worth! Great people mover,car hauler,swim taxi. My wife loves this suv and we will buy another one. Very few repairs, just maintain it. Did I say great car.

very versatile

Rear seat is heavy. But I can live with that!

We luv our bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By David&Anesha Wossne

2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We had to get a bigger vehicle (I was pregnant)so we traded in our Jag Vand Plas for a used 2001 "Bus" with 117,000mls. We can't tell you how much we luv our "Bus" We added 3 TV'S for the kids, Navigation for me. It is great for Soccer and other sport activities for the family,we travel a lot and it has great as mileage (16-18) We hardly drive our other vehicles except for work. When the engine falls out we'll get another used "Bus"

Size does matter, at times we can't even hear the kids. Storage and cup holders galore. My hubby loves that V8 must be a man thing.

would'nt chagee a thing. This vehicle gets better with time

Best vehicle ever owned
By mickey

2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Suburban fully loaded brand new. Have over 144,000 miles on it the no major repairs or wrecks smoother than an Acura MDX. The traction control system works over the top good it has a locking differential. The best invention since heated since also in the suburban. The seats still have eneough cushion rebound to seat comfortably. The interior color is tan and well colored and and the exterior color is white, tough and fade proof

Locking differential, tinted windows, class leading cargo capacity, good gas mileage for a 3 ton of steel come on 18 mps you can't get better than that

Back top brake light needs to last longer. Resale value should be higher